Chapter 6

Chapter 6!

AN: I also want to say that I had no idea how similar this story is to Taken. I've only seen parts of that movie and it was definitely not my intention. However, now I have a source to get some ideas. Thanks for pointing that out guys! :D

~*~

I knew it was risky to sneak out again. However, this time I'm going to give Cole a piece of my mind. Well, the rest of it. He's going to hear every word.

It's weird how 3 weeks ago I couldn't even look at him without blushing. I could hardly talk to him. Now here I am, about to yell at him.

I was nervous though for multiple reasons.

1) It's scary as hell out here at 3 a.m.
2) I soooo do not want to get caught and be grounded again.
3) I have no idea what he's going to say.
4) I have no idea what I'm going to say.
5) I have this really bad feeling that I'm being watched.

Why did I suggest we meet at the library? I should have just told him to meet me at my house at this time instead. Then again, there would have been a good chance my dad would have woken up and saw us together.

That would have been bad, but also really amusing. I can only imagine the scene that could have unfolded. Dad with his taser, Cole on the ground, and me in the background recording everything.

Maybe I should have brought my dad along. I could've given Cole a taste of his own medicine. Let's see how he likes being played the way he played me. Damn! I should have brought the taser with me!

Because this feeling that I'm being watched isn't going away. It...seems to be getting more intense.

"Snow?"

I yelped, immediately sprinting to my feet and turn around. Cole was standing behind me about a foot away from the bench, and a guilty look was plastered on his face.

I tried my best not to get lost in his green eyes. Ugh! I remember how I would fantasize what our children would have looked like. I never could decide on fur color, but I always wished there would be one with two different eye colors. One eye would be blue like mine and the other would be green like his. Man, I was so pathetic!

"Cole," I say, gulping as I wiped my sweaty paws on the sides of my pants. Shit! Now I'm really nervous. I avoided touching my tail though. I gotta break that habit.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I ignored his comment and said, "Are you here alone or did your buddies come with you?" I made my voice sharper. More...cop-like.

Cole shook his head. "I'm here alone. I swear it."

I let out a humorless laugh. "Oh, you swear it?"

"Snow--"

"No! Look, I'm tired and I seriously don't want to be out here any longer. This is your chance to explain so you better start talking."

Cole nods and he sits down on the bench. I didn't want to sit next to him, but my feet hurt from walking all the way here so I did anyway.

"Okay," Cole took in a deep, nervous breath, "I just want you to know that I am so very sorry about what happened. I never wanted to do it, and I never wanted to hurt you like that--"

"But you did!" I interrupted. "You could have said no to those stupid morons, but no. You did what they wanted you to do. Why?" I demanded to know.

Cole sighs. "I never...really fit in with them."

"Huh?"

"My dad works for Lars' dad. Lars' dad is his boss. He was the one who...'encouraged' me to be friends with him. Lars was opposed to it as well when we were younger, and the only reason we've been 'friends' for so long is because we want to please our dads. Everything that Lauren told you was true. Yes, I lost a bet. I lost the dare, and I lost my one true friend who lasted only a few minutes."