Chapter 4 The Thirst

I walked back to my car but as I did the burning got worse. I could smell the blood of the people around me. I could hear the throbbing of their veins and the beat of their heart. The craving was so strong. I had a thirst for blood and why? I don't know. I had never had a thirst for blood. I had always got sick at the sight of it. What had happened in the past few hours? What had I become?
           ***********
As I drove home, I hoped my father was at work. For I was afraid my thirst for blood would get so strong I might hurt him. Possibly kill him.
In an instant I knew I couldn't stay here until I figured out why I had such a craving for blood and how to control it. I had to get away from here to keep my friends and family safe. But where would go? I didn't know of any other family near here and even if I did, I couldn't go to them. I might hurt them.
I don't know what I would do when it came Monday. I couldn't go to school like this. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt anyone especially my father.
Then I got an idea, I could leave my father a note that I was going camping. That way I wouldn't hurt anyone and maybe I could learn how to control this thirst.