Copyright © 2016
                      beautiful_creativity

All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Therefore, reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission

~
.

                                        1

"Selena Wyatt?" The receptionist called in a thick spanish accent. She had raven black hair that was in a neat ponytail. I got up from my seat, trying to be polite even though she said my last name wrong. When I reached her I said nicely, "It's Whyte. Not Wyatt." I tried to laugh it off but in the inside I was serious. She began to laugh nervously, "I'm sorry. It's my first day and I forgot my glasses and can't really see." I began to feel sympathetic for her and genuinely smiled, "No worries. My first day too. Now where do I go to find my cubicle?"

"Oh you work here?" Her eyes flickered with a slight excitement.

"Starting today." I laughed putting hair behind my ears.

"Well on here it says you're cubicle, 27A. And I actually know where that is because it's next to my brother's cubicle." I nodded and she began to lead the way. The building was so perfectly structured. The walls were chrome, the doors glass, and the aroma was like a lilac? Doesn't matter because it smelled really relaxing. "So where are you from?" She blurted trying to make conversation.

"California. But I was just living in Florida recently. You?"

"Oh I live here. Well not originally here, I'm from Barcelona. In a really small, cozy town." She began to say. "My names Isabel by the way-"

I zoned her out until we got to an empty cubicle and stopped. Isabel kind of talked too much for me. "This is mine?" I asked running a hand through my hair.

"Yes. If you need anything my extension is 53. I got to go!" She hurried away before I could say bye but I quickly sat down in my seat. I began to lay back in the chair to let loose.

"What are you doing?." A deep voice said seriously making me sit up in my chair quickly. I turned around to see a tall, fairly tan guy with hazel eyes. His hair was curly and short and black. My hands became sweaty as I continued to stare him down, "What do you mean?"

"You're sitting at my cubicle." He firmly said putting a hand impatiently in his pants pocket. I looked up at the tag, 26A. I mouthed, "Oh" and quickly got up. He kept his eye on me for a while then coughed, "Your stuff."

"Oh right. Thanks." I murmured as I rushed to the cubicle next to mine to sit down. My phone began to ring making me jump. It was Ian's face who appeared on the screen. "Hey!" I exclaimed happy to talk someone I know. Muffled noises were in the background before Ian spoke, "Hey babe. I was just telling the moving guys where to put the refrigerator and washing machine. How's your day so far?"

I glanced around to see if anyone was watching before before speaking, "Almost great. I sat at this guys' cubicle by accident and I think he doesn't like me. But I think I made a new friend, she's the receptionist." I began to take out my custom name tag, pencils, pens, ecetera. "Why do you think he doesn't like you? Do you need me to come there?" He completely bypassed the fact that I actually kind of made a friend.