01.

SALVATORE

01. Brains on fire, killing her from the inside

Rowans first memory of a vampire was bolting up right, gasping for air like she had never taken a breathe. It had then been the sharp pain in her neck causing much discomfort as she tried to rub the pain away. Then lastly, a presence nearby making her stomach feel uneasy.

'Katherine?'

Katherine was just been stood there observing the girl on the ground in silence, almost as if she had been there a while, just waiting. Rowan  frowned in confusion, wondering why Katherine was there, but also why was she there too? Katherines aura seemed much darker than before, continuing to put Rowan on edge.'whats going on'

'ive turned you' Katherine said, a gleeful smile rose on her face as she saw Rowans confusion. There was something about Katherine in that moment that made Rowan realise that she should be terrified of the other girl.

'I don't understand' Rowan said, fighting the urge to just run but her feet seemed to be stuck to the ground. Katherine  leant down so she was closer to Rowan a small giggle escaping her lips as if she was trying to keep a secret.

'youre a vampire'

Rowan gasped in disbelief, vampires weren't real, they couldn't be, it was impossible. Then one by one each memory returned to her of the evening that has just passed. Katherines face, her eyes were red and there were fangs, it was demonic. The blood, it had been forced down her throat and her neck it had been snapped. Everything had happened so fast that even she couldn't have reacted to it. But Katherine had killed her, it was the reason her neck ached, the reason she had a metallic taste on her tongue. 'no, no I cant be a vampire'.

Katherine stood up straight ignoring Rowan, her arm outstretched invitingly and a girl approached taking Katherines hand. Before rowan even had a chance to react Katherine had sunk her teeth into the girls arm. Screams rang out into the night, both from the girl and Rowan and they witnessed the horror. Katherine stopped drinking and pushed the girl to the floor by Rowan.'

'drink'.

'no' rowan said, staring in horror. Her eyes were fixed on the blood though and even she couldn't stop watching it trickle down the girls arm. Her gums seemed to ache for the substance but rowan had been determined and pushed it away.

Katherine seemed to have gotten frustrated at Rowan and gave her no option but to grab the girls arm and force it to Rowans face. Rowans eyes had widened and she could smell the blood. Despite every instinct telling her not to, her mouth latched onto the bleeding wound and she drank. She continued to drink until she felt a throbbing pain in her gums, Rowan had realised it was fangs and they pieced the girls flesh again, hungry for more blood.

Rowan cried once she realised the girl was dead. Tears had fallen down her cheeks as she came to the realisation she was now a monster. What would Damon or Stefan think of her if they had seen her? They would have been disgusted and called her a monster; they would have killed her instantly as the thought of their sister being a killer would have made them sick.

Katherine didnt comforted her, she just starred emotionlessly at rowan crying. She somewhat looked impatient at her and sighed.' Ill be back, just stay here so no one finds you'.

Rowan starred after her wondering what Katherine had to do. Probably unfinished business she thought and stayed there for sometime. Everything seemed different rowan had noticed, the darkness seemed brighter and she felt a new kind of energy.

A gunshot distracted her from her thoughts, it had made her jump and she was curious to see what was happening. She ran to where the sound came from, soon realsing she was faster than before and soon she was on the edge of the woods. There was a crowd of women cuddled together and Rowas calmy walked over to them.

'Ms Lockwood' Rowan said, noticing the older woman. They turned and gasped as they saw her looking dishevelled.' Whats going on'

'Rowan, you must go home immediately, your Father must be worried about you' Ms Lockwood responded ushering Rowan in the direction of her home. Rowan continued walking past the group of women, she spotted a person laid on the floor. She could see their body was dull and grey but what shocked her was they were grey veins all over.

Rowan remember her speed so used it to get closer to home but then she smelt it. She didn't recognise the smell at first but it still stopped her in her tracks. Blood. She could feel her face changing and there was nothing she could do about it and she inched closer to the bleeding person. She recognised it to be Theodore Forbes and his hand was cut. 'are you ok?'

Theodore turned around shocked to see Rowan but didn't have time to react to her lunging herself at him and biting into his neck. Rowan couldn't control the hunger in her and just kept going, draining every drop of blood from his body. She didn't realise it at first when his head detached from the rest of his body but when she did she let out a small scream. She quickly took a step back in horror and saw what she had made her second kill. Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to put him back together in desperate hope that he would be ok.

Another gunshot went off, much closer this time. Rowan was too distracted with the now dead Theodore to realise that the gunshot was aimed at her. Another bullet flew by inches away from her making her jump. Her bloodied face turned to see her Father aiming the gun at her.

Rowans eyes opened groggily, her body felt like it was on fire and she found she couldn't move. There were bodies next to her, some alive and some dead. Her eyes landed on Katherine who was also in a dazed state. She tried to figure out what was going on but all she could do was lay there and listen to the sound of horse moving the carriage along.

Neigh, the horse came to a sudden halt and everything happened at once. She could hear to locked door being open and hurried breathing. Rowan saw Damon and tried to speak but she had no energy. He didn't see her, she wasn't the one he was saving. He was there for Katherine as he dragged her out of the carriage. Rowan could also hear Stefan telling him to hurry and then gunshots again.

There were two gunshot and two bodies dropping to the floor with a thud. Rowan didn't need to see to know that her brothers were shot and killed. Tear drops fell down her cheek and she fell back into darkness.

It was cold when Rowan awoke again, she was on a cold hard floor which she soon recognised it to be the church. She could feel something in the grasp of her hand and opened her palm to reveal a necklace set with a blue stone. In the corner of her eye she noticed Katherine by the corner dragging her body out through a gap in the wall. It was the first time she felt anger like that, it burned through her body making her hate Katherine with every bone in her body.

Rowan felt someone grab her arm, she turned in surprise to see Pearl trying to pull her towards the stairs leading to the tomb underneath the church. She followed her eying all the other vampires shocked to see who was a vampire.

And the church was ablaze, they all could hear the men shouting in triumph as they got rid of their vampire problem. Rowan was just sat leaning against the wall mourning both her brothers death but also hers. Katherine had created a monster out of her, a killer. She could hear Pearl telling the other vampires that there was no way out, that they were stuck for now.

Rowan shut her eyes, shutting the world out.