Chapter 1 - Sophie

••Sophie here! Just wanted to let you know that this is not our first fanfiction and we know what we are doing. Sorry that its so short. The chapters will get longer as we go. Okay enough of my rambling, on to the story you go!••

***************************************

I walked into school and quietly shuffled past all of the laughing figures. I got to my locker and quickly shoved all of my books in there and got what I needed for the day.

As I was walking to my class, I heard all of the terrible things that people were calling me.

"Scum."

"Loser."

"Ugly."

And so on. I was so used to all of this that it didnt matter anymore. I had tried to stand up for myself but it just makes it worse. Nobody cares for me, not even my own flesh and blood.

I walked into the classroom and went to the back. As soon as class started, I felt all of the spitballs and crumpled papers hitting me.

"Class, pay attention. Today we are.." The teacher rambled on about geography and other things while everyone made fun of me and pelted me with nasty things.

When the bell finally rang, I quickly got out of my seat and made my way to the door. I walked into the bathroom and brought out my blade. Yes, I cut. I mean how can I not? It's been like this for my whole life.

I slowly ran the blade across my wrist and let the pain wash over me. I hurt so bad but at the same time it felt so good.

I went to the sink and watched as the blood washed down the drain. I dried my wrists and walked out.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. All of the usual. Name calling, physical abuse, and everything in between.

I was walking out of school when I heard the voice that I couldn't get out of my head.

"Yeah that's right, ugly. Walk on home to your parents. Maybe they'll love you because no one else does. Oh wait, they hate you just as much as everyone else. I don't don't blame them."

It was Connor Franta. He was the popular boy in school, the one I had a major crush on. I know I shouldn't like him but I can't help myself. He's a jerk but at the same time so attractive.

He was just perfect in my eyes, even though he was part of the reason that I cut.

When I got home, I quietly opened the door so no one would hear me, but that plan didn't go too well.

"Charlotte? Is that you?" My mum asked from the kitchen.

I didn't answer, hoping that I could sneak into my room but that didnt go as planned either.

"GET IN HERE NOW!" That was my father. He was an alcoholic. My mum was too but my dad was worse.

I walked into the kitchen and stood in the doorway.

"COME HERE YOU LITTLE PRICK." He yelled and I walked over to him.

I watched as my father's hand came in contact with my face. I winced in pain and tried so hard not to cry.

"YOU ANSWER YOUR MOTHER WHEN SHE ASKS YOU SOMETHING. NOW GET UP TO YOUR ROOM." He screamed in my face and I could almost taste the alcohol in my mouth.

I walked up the stairs and into the room that I called my 'bedroom'. All that was in there was my bed, my dresser, and my desk which held my iPhone that I pay for with my own money.

I sat on my tiny bed and curled up. It was then that I let all of my tears out because no one could see me. This is the only place where I don't have to worry.

Soon enough, I was crying myself to sleep, having the worst nightmares you could imagine.

It was times like this in my life where I wish that I would never wake up.

***************************************

••Depressing, right? I feel so bad for Charlotte. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and please bear with us as we continue to write chapters. Okay bye guys!••