Chapter 16: Wedding & Truths

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You can see my...."

"Ahh....no telling our secrets you yet Gray. They have to past their tests first. Then we can have a wedding." Sara interupts as she walks over to us with my mates in tow. "Now, let's get started shall we?" She says something else but I'm still stuck on her last sentence. They? I thought I had to past the test? But all of us? What the hell was going on?

................

"Really? This is necessary? Son of a...."

"Love, calm down. It isn't that bad." I whirl to glare at Lore and stub my toe on a rock. Yelping I stumble back into Duke, who catches me in his arms.

"Calm my ass. Explain why we have to be naked, in the dark, in a cave, for a test? I think she just wanted a free show." Lore kisses my head and pulls back as Duke sets me back on my feet.

"She closed her eyes as did Gray." I start to argue but Duke interrupts.

"Maybe we should get this over with so we can get to our wedding." I laugh before glancing back at Duke.

"Okay. Okay. What did she say again." Duke groans as Lore rolls his eyes at me. I have a bad memory when it comes to rhymes.

"She said to walk the path until it's gone. Face the dark then the light only then can your love be complete and your test be complete." Grabbing each of their hands I pull them into the cave. The deeper we get the more the smell grew. I try to block it out but the more I tried the worse it got. Blinking my eyes I stumble and slam into the wall. When it moves I scream and fling myself backward fumbling for Duke or Lore but all I grasp is air. Whirling around the dark fades as light blinds me. I blink and I'm in the room that Luscious kept me in when he...

Whimpering I look over at the cage and see Duke and Lore slumped in the bottom of the cage. The walls are a dark gray and the only other thing in the room is the bed. The bed my world tilts and I have to dig my nails into my palms to keep from passing out. I hear Lore moan just as the door opens and Luscious walks in. I walk backwards until I'm up against the cage. I feel hands grasp mine through the bars even as the silver burns us but I can't look away from Luscius as he enters the room. He looks the same as he smiles that smile that screams evil.

"Lealea, are you ready for me?" My back stiffens as the hand grasping mine pushes me forward. He doesn't have to speak because I understand. My chin lifts and I feel courage sweep through me even as my knees quake and I'm conscious that I'm naked in front of him again. His gun metal grey eyes meet mine as that night flashes through my mind. When I speak I'm proud that my voice isn't shaky even if everything else is.

"You'll never have me. My body is no longer my own. And you never had my soul. I never gave it to you." His face contorts then everything fades and Lore and Duke are standing in front of me. I start to step forward but Lore's words stop me.

"That was our dark but what is our light? What do we have to face in the light?" My lips tremble as the surrounding of the cave come back to us and I see we're kneeling in a small cavern on cold wet ground. My eyes stay on Lore's as I speak, my heart clenching in my chest.

"What if that happens to our child?" Lore flinches and speaks as he grasps my hand.

"What if our child is like him?" Duke looks at both of us as he crawls closer to us until he's only meters away.

"What if our child is like me?" Lore and I turn to him in shock, thinking he's joking but his whiskey colored eyes are bright with unshed tears as he continues. "There's a darkness in me. What if I taint him? It's my fault Willa died. I couldn't help you and sometimes I'm blind with jealousy over how much you lean to Lore." I smile softly and crawl into his lap and lay my head on his chest. I absently caress the scar across his nipple as I speak.