Chapter 8

I pull away and smile up at him. He smiles back and takes my hand, as we start to walk though the first exhibit.
"So, what made you pick a museum?" I ask looking around at the skeletons of the dinosaur exhibit we were starting to walk though.
"Why do you not like it?" he asks trying to act natural, but it's obvious he was a bit worried.
"I do, I was just wondering,"I say smiling and kiss his cheek.
He smiles,"Well, you're really smart, smart people like museums."
"That has to be one of the biggest stereotypes I have ever heard. Just because someone has a higher IQ than an average person doesn't mean they like exhibitions," I say giggling. "But, thanks for saying I'm smart."
He laughs a bit and kisses my cheek. We continue walking around the exhibit in silence, but it was one of those comfortable silences. The ones you wish could last forever because you are with a person you love and everything seems perfect.
Harry intertwines our fingers and I look down at our hands and I smile. He smiles,"So, what have you been up too?" he asks.
"I feel like we already had this conversation," I say laughing a bit.
"There's got to be something else, all that you told me was that you went back to London found your real name, moved here and study law."
"Yeah, I also told you that I work at a doctors office."
"Well, that was kinda self explanatory," he says laughing a bit.
"Yeah, but seriously that's it. What about you Mr. Popstar? Everywhere I go I hear girls talking about One Direction." I say smiling.
He smiles too,"The fans are amazing aren't they? The lads and I are so lucky to have them." He says and you can tell he loves his fans just by the look on his face.
"Yeah, you guys have got big in the few years. You haven't gotten big heads though right?" I ask jokingly nudging his shoulder.
He laughs,"no not that I know or anyone has told me, but I'm guessing you will," he says nudging me back.
I laugh," yeah I'll tell you to shape up or I'll ship out."
"I'm pretty sure it's 'shape up or ship out.'"
"Yes, but technically... never mind I lost my train of thought."
"Of course you did."
"What's that suppose to mean!" I ask acting defensive.
He puts his hands up in defense," just joking," he says.
I laugh,"I know," I say giggling and leaning my head on his shoulder.
He wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my cheek. "I missed hearing you laugh." He says.
"Don't be so sappy," I say yawning a bit.
"I'm not," he says.
"Yes you are, 'I missed you laugh', that's like me saying I missed your curls." I say looking up and ruffling his hair.
He fixes it," well did you?" he asks.
""Yes," I say quietly,"but, I wasn't going to say it."
He laughs and kisses my cheek.
"We're not in one of those sappy movies Harry," I say as he rolls his eyes.
"And why not?" he asks stopping me and looking me in the eyes with one hand on each shoulder.
"Those don't actually happen."
"And why not?" He asks.
"Because this is reality Harry, not one of those love movies we always watched."
"Wow.. you became a party pooper didn't you," he says.
"No, I just excepted reality,"
"Then I'm going to prove reality wrong," he says with a smirk and picks me up running to who knows where.
"Harry, where are you going?" I ask as he starts going up a set of stairs.
"Somewhere secret," he says.
"Will you put me down?"
"No."
"Ugh" I groan.
Harry laughs and opens a door then sets me down quickly covering my eyes.
"Harry, what are you doing?" I ask getting a slight annoyed.
"Just wait, I was going to save this for after, but you don't believe in romances so.." he says.
"I never said that," I say crossing my arms.
"Okay, well anyways," he says and turns me around moving his hands away from my eyes.
There's a small picnic blanket on a balcony looking up at the starlit sky. Beside it is a small picnic basket.
I turn around smiling at Harry.
"Still believe that they aren't real?" he asks smirking.
"Nope," I say proudly, just to wipe it off his face.
He rolls his eyes and takes my hand guiding me to the picnic basket and we sit down on the blanket.
"Didn't we already eat?" I ask.
"Yes, but we didn't have dessert plus I made it," he says pulling out a tray of chocolate chip cookies.
"Harry, these are my favorite!" I say smiling.
"I know," he says with the smirk.
I roll my eyes and take one off of the tray and taking a bite.
"Good?" Harry asks.
"Very," I say nodding and a mouthful of chocolate chip cookie.
He laughs and kisses my cheek. I hold one in front of his mouth and he takes a bite.
"Hey!" I say crossing my arms.
"What?" he asks still eating part of my cookie.
"You weren't suppose to eat it," I say.
He rolls his eyes and lays down looking at the sky. I lay down to and Harry pulls me closer to him putting his arm around me.
"When my parents were still alive we would go on picnics and do exactly this, just lay down and look at the stars," I say smiling at the sky.
"What did your parents do, as in job?" Harry asks.
"My dad was an astronomer, mom was a scientist." I say then laugh a bit,"my dad would always point out constellations for my mom to try and impress her and she would always answer 'I know love, but thanks'."
"So, what happened to your parents?" Harry asks then quickly fixes it,"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking."
"No, it's fine. There was an explosion at mom's lab. Killing five people, one of which being my mom. They said that the new employee there had accidentally put the wrong label on the chemical and it exploded as soon as it came in contact with whatever she was messing with. My dad went into depression, stopped working, stopped eating, stopped pretty much everything. He died about a week later," I say and notice I have tears in my eyes. "I tried to get him to eat, but he wouldn't. He said mom was a star and he wanted to be with her. When I asked what star she was he would say,'she's the most beautiful and brightest star there is'. The North Star is what he meant."
I didn't dare look at Harry through saying any of this, but I could feel his stare on me the whole time. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve. "Kendal? you okay?" Harry asks and I look over at him and give him a small smile.
"Yeah, I just wish they were here sometimes," I say.
He shows me an empty tray where the cookies were,"okay, so one of us ate all of them," he says and I laugh.
"What time is it?" I ask yawning.
"About 7," Harry says looking at his watch.
"Thank goodness I don't have classes tomorrow," I say laughing a bit.
Harry sits up. "Want to just go watch movies over at the lads and my hotel?"
"Sounds fun," I say smiling and Harry stands up then helps me.
We walk out to his car hand in hand. I kiss his cheek as he opens my door. He smiles and we both get in the car, he starts it and we drive back to the hotel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
So, I realize it's been forever since I updated and this chapter is not very good so I'm sorry :( but I hope I can update more often. Anyways,thanks for reading :)