The Pilot

It gets worse, I miss her more everyday. Everywhere I look, everything I smell and every time I look into my Dad's eyes I see her, and I feel her presence. She is gone but somehow she is not. It's been almost a year since my Mom, Alexandria died. My mom fought the War against Brain Cancer for a while, but she got weaker and at the end she was too weak. It hurts to see my Dad suffer but as he says: "Honey, it's time to move on." And I think he is right, it is time to move on but why is it so hard? I can't just move on, it's not that easy, I love her so much, she was always there for me when I needed her, when I was younger, she used to sing to me at night, I miss her beautiful voice, and I miss to see the young love between my dad and her that was there since High School. But I have to listen to my dad, he suffers as much as I do and I haven't done anything with my friends in a while. If they still remember me? I've been pretty mean to them when I was down after my momma died but I think they will understand.
••••••••••••••••
One day later, first day of school
I am really nervous to go to school again but I'm finally a Senior! Walking down those halls feels weird, seeing all my friends again is really making me nervous. "Hey Guys! How are you, I've missed all of you so much!" I said, with a shaking but exiting voice. Nobody answered me, I repeat my sentence and the only thing they did was giving me a weird and selfish look. "You haven't texted us all summer, we didn't even know if you were alive. You didn't care about us, so we don't care about you anymore. Bye"
This was Theresa's response, so now I'm standing here, my first day as a Senior, without friends and without knowing anybody else in this big school. Great. That's a nice way to start off the first day of school. My first hour was Math, I hated math, I think I got that from my mom because my Dad is a Genius in math. We got some new teachers, so that made the day a lot easier because most of them were unprepared. My second and favorite hour was English, I love to write poems, and that's also the only thing I do during this hour. The one I just wrote today was about my mom.
The words you spoke, the sound of your heart beating
They keep blowing up in my mind with my soul reading
I'm trying to forget, but not trying to forget you
You're in heaven, I know that and father does too
You'll be in my heart, and always with a tear, I lost you and this was my biggest fear.
Lost in my dreams I didn't even hear the bell ringing, I just noticed a lot of students leaving the room and one guy standing right I front of me. I rolled my eyes, he was the biggest asshole in the school and his name was Jacob.