Chapter 1

"You're too cocky."

"You were going too fast."

"How are we supposed to keep up?"

"With you here this team's a joke."

"We want you off the team."

Those words still haunted you from the moment they were said 4 years ago until now. They were permanently imbedded in your brain. You were still really interested even though you hadn't run in competitions for a few years. You were always training, jogging around your neighbourhood. Pulling you out from your thoughts, your phone rang. Picking it up and putting it to your ear,you answered. 

"Hello?" You asked, shrugging on your jacket.

"(F/N), where are you? School's about to start in 10 minutes. You said you would get here early to see me." The familiar voice said. You left your apartment, locking it up of course and then start a slow jog down the stairs.

"I know, my alarm didn't go off." You said trying to convince him as you swerved between the people.

"Sure. We both know you just forgot to set it and then slept in." He said. You sighed, getting annoyed with the amount of people in your way.

"Hey, is there a different route to get to school? There's too many people." You asked.

"Yea, just go through to park, turn right and then continue until you see a large building."

"Ok thanks." You replied and hung up, stuffing your phone into your bag before jogging off. It was quite the scenic route but you couldn't slow down to examine it, you had to get to school so you kept the pace.

"Tardiness will no go unpunished!" One man shouted as a girl ran through the gates, they just then shut the gate as a boy put his foot on it. His foot slipped and he went tumbling towards a tree. Although they had closed the gates you were determined to get through. You picked up speed and then put one hand on the gate and threw yourself over, managing to land successfully.

"Safe!" You yelled, feeling some pride in yourself. You looked up and saw the boy and girl from before staring at you. You stood up and coughed awkwardly before the girl came over to you.

"Hello I'm Sakurai Nana and this," she said pointing to the boy, "Is Yagami Riku." You nodded.

"Hey, I'm (L/N) (F/N), nice to meet you." Before they could respond the bell rang and all your eyes widened.

"We're late!" Sakurai yelled making a run for the school. You slowly jogged behind them, looking at the school. You were finally at Honan.

After finally making it to class, you were told to do introductions and then they dedicated the first day to finding a club for everybody. You noticed that Sakurai and Yagami were in your class, so you went up to them.

"Hey, do you guys know where the Stride club is?" You asked and were quickly confronted by an excited Yagami.

"See Sakurai? I told you she did Stride. That jump over the gate is used in Stride." Yagami started yelling.

"Yagami, calm down. Do you or don't you know where it is?" You asked.

"One, call me Riku and two, of course I would know where it is, considering I'm part of the team." Your eyes started to gleam.

"Brilliant, take me there right now!" You demanded and he nodded before you two made your way through the school. Sakurai followed closely behind, you assumed that she was a Relationer. A few clubs tried to convince you to join them but you weren't interested in them. Before you know it Riku had stopped in front of a door. The sign on it said The Stride and Shogi club. You raised your eyebrow in confusion but opened the door with a slam.

"I have come to arrest Heath Hasekura!" You yelled, getting the attention of a couple of members. Heath lifted his head from a pillow and when he looked at you he smiled.

"You finally arrived." He said before standing up and holding his arms wide open. You ran over to him and launched yourself into his arms. Heath stumbled a bit before falling over, resulting in you sitting on his lap. You both started laughing and Heath placed his head on the crook of your neck.

"Aww did little Heath miss me?" You asked, wrapping your arms around him and you felt him nod. You suddenly felt him kiss the bare skin.

"Can somebody please explain what's happening?" Riku asked, causing everybody to look at him.

"Well this is (L/N) (F/N), she used to run with me and Kyosuke when we were younger but she left 4 years ago. She came to visit but left soon after. How long you here for this time?" Heath said, directing the last part towards you.

"I'm here to stay. I plan on finishing high school here. I got permission from my father." You said and that made Heath hugged you even closer.

"So this is a reunion?" A new voice asked. You turned your head and saw a small cute blonde boy.

"In a sense." Heath said and you slapped his arm lightly.

"Heath you're so rude, you should introduce me to your team." You said before standing up and straightening out your skirt.

"Ok. From left it's Yagami Riku, Sakurai Nana, Fujiwara Takeru, Kadowaki Ayumu and Kohinata Hozumi." You nodded slowly, trying to remember their names.

"Ok I think I got this." You said with a determination look. You smiled and you hadn't noticed anything different until you felt something squeezing your legs. Looking down, you saw Fujiwara.

"Takeru get off of (F/N)." Riku said, scolding the boy. Reluctantly he let go and stood beside Riku.

"She has lovely legs, very muscular for a girl. She doesn't just run casually. She trains." Fujiwara said, making Heath gasp.

"You still train? Even after what happened?" Heath asked and you nodded, emotionless.

"That's in the past, but Stride will always be with me I need to train to keep fit." The club door opened and you saw a figure with long white hair.

"Hello Kyosuke Kuga." You said, smiling at the tall male. His eyes widened as he took a couple of jerky steps towards you before relaxing. You noticed a small smile grace his features.

"Our anchor has returned."

Hey Guys!

I really hope you like this. Prince of Stride is one of my favourite animes so I realised how much I needed to write a fanfic about it.

Sorry for OOC :D

Sorry for any mistakes!

It will get more exciting I promise.

-Fantasybworm