A Biography of George Washington

1776; David McCullough; 386

In the historical book 1776 by David McCullough, we learn about the men who marched alongside General George Washington, a well known and noble leader who displays a growth mindset. In the year 1776, the Declaration of Independence was created, which sparked conflict between the New World, America, and the then current ruler of Britain, His Majesty King George III. Washington was an honourable leader who encouraged his men never to lose sight of what's important. "In a letter to General Schuyler, who is in command in Albany, Washington insisted that they must never lose sight of 'the goodness of our cause.' Difficulties were not insurmountable. 'Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.'" (41) These few quotes prove that Washington expressed virtue and nobility of cause and that he was a worthy General. As John C. Maxwell once said, "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." Washington knows the way, which is demonstrated by his will to engage others, goes the way by engaging his followers and encouraging supporters and potential supporters in the cause, and he shows the way by putting himself in harm's way in the name of the people with support of the people. In relation to this book and the current election cycle, with the personalities involved, it is evident that this nation needs to revisit the virtues and nobility of cause and purpose illustrated by our Founding Fathers in the book 1776.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 04, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Book Report Biography of George Washingtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें