Chapter 2~ Change Your Mind

"It's going to be the party of the year."

"I know! Cole's going to be there. I can't wait to lose it to him!" I threw my hands over my mouth to keep myself from laughing. The girl beside the slutty blonde from yesterday, Kim, was talking so loud I could hear her from across the lunch room. The devil himself turned to her at the mention of his name and winked. I snorted and stabbed at my meatloaf with my fork.

"You look pissed." My head snapped up at the voice. Liam sat down beside me, his blue-green eyes filled with amusement.

"I'm fine." I muttered, looking away. I could tell he wasn't really aware of the fact that everyone in the lunch room had turned to look at us.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come and sit with me an. . ."

"I said I was fine, Liam. Please just leave me alone. I don't want to sit at your table." I stood up and moved away, setting my tray down when I was far enough away. I could hear whispers errupting around the room. Everyone obviously wasn't used to seeing their precious Quarterback get rejected.

"Just leave her alone, Li. She's being a bitch." Kim called out, smirking at Cole.

"Mitch the bitch." One of her bimbo friends said, the whole lunchroom started to laugh. Everyone, everyone except for Liam and. . . and Cole.

"Why don't you ditch the bitch?" Someone else yelled. I shook my head and shoved my food in the garbage, completely losing my appetite. I stalked out of the room, my eyes burning. I missed Rea, without her I felt like a weak little girl. As if God had heard my prayers my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Hey, Liam sent me a text. Said Kim was being a bitch again. Call me when you get home.

Liam knew Reagan? That was the first thought that went through my head. Reagan, the girl that hated jocks more then I did, was friends with the Quarterback?

"I am so confused." I whispered, shaking my head as I headed toward English.

******

I couldn't wait to get home after Chemistry. My head was pounding and I had started to get cramps in class.

"Oh my god! I'm so s. . . oh." I gasped as all of my books and notes flew from my hands and to the ground. Cole stood in front of me, his crystal blue eyes cold.

"Why don't you watch where you're going, Bitchie." He growled, pushing my arm away as I leaned down to pick up my notes. My eyes were burning again and I said the first thing that came to mind.

"You're such an ass, Nicholas." His eyes darkened and he pushed me. I fell back on to my butt and stared at him in shock. He had never, not even once, put his hands on me. Not even when we had got into it in seventh grade. He had always hurt me verbally, never physically.

"Don't you ever call me that again, Harper. Or I will make your life a living hell." He picked up the rest of his notes before kicking mine in my face and storming off. I looked down at the notes around me, tears streaming down my cheeks. I tried to keep myself from crying, but it resulted in more tears.

"Mitchie?" I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks at the sound of Liam's voice. I couldn't let him see I was crying.

"Mitchie? Hey, what the hell just happened?" He knelt down beside me, already starting to gather my notes. I shook my head, avoiding eye contact as I pulled myself up.

"Nothing. I. . . I tripped and all of my stuff went flying everywhere." I lied, taking my notes from him. I thought I had escaped his questioning until he grabbed my chin in his hands and turned me toward him.