“You don’t think I can?” was all Caroline replied, now with her hands down her side. When the idea hit her, a cunning smile spread across her lips. She felt a little bad for what she was about to do but it would be worth it if she could startle him.

“Now that I know how hard you’re trying, I must disappoint you. Contrary to popular belief, I am able to control myself… Well, most of the time.” Klaus replied with a smile on his lips, his hands behind his back as he thought he was winning their argument. How wrong he was.

Caroline stepped closer to him slowly with an now innocent smile on her face as she began talking.

“You know earlier today, when I had to rescue your son from exposure, Elijah and I had some trouble with Marcel. So we had to hide in the bathroom and I decided to create a little distraction. To make Marcel forget anything he could possibly hear of the baby and Elijah.” Caroline said with a calm and low voice.

She was now right in front of Klaus and slowly she leaned over to whisper into his ear, feeling him tense a little. “And what is more distracting than a woman wearing nothing but her underwear?”

As she pulled away from Klaus, she let her lips brush his cheek before giving him a cheery smile as if nothing had happened. The look on Klaus face was priceless as he digested her words and Caroline knew it was time for her to leave before the volcano erupted. She just hoped that Elijah wouldn’t be too angry that she had just thrown him under the bus. He of all people should understand the need to piss Klaus off from time to time.

“I’ll see you back in Mystic Falls! Bye!” Caroline quickly said and then she ran for her life. 

*****************

Caroline let out a long sigh as she pulled up into her driveway and opened the door of her car. She was back in Mystic Falls and wasn’t quite happy about it. She had been away for a week and it wasn’t until now that she realised how much she had really forgotten about their problems back home.

She dragged her bags into her bedroom and began unpacking as she thought about what had happened the night before.

Caroline heard them before she saw them and quickly dug into a small alley before they could notice her. She peeped around the corner and recognized the two vampires she had heard talking as some of Marcel’s “friends”. They were sitting on the rooftop opposite Caroline’s hotel in plain sight and she couldn’t help smile of their stupidity.

“But that chick is crazy, dude.” said Tweedledee.

“I know! And she has already killed like three of us. Marcel just let’s her do it. I don’t even get why that witch is so important!” Tweedledum said.

“And now I have to go to some old rotten house to watch her. I am way too young to die.” Tweedledum continued and ran a hand through his thick blonde hair.

“Dude, haven’t you been a vampire for like sixty years now?” Tweedledee asked.

Caroline tuned out of their conversation as it continued in a direction that made her cringe her nose of the absurdity. So there was a witch. A witch that helped Marcel or at least was held prisoner by him. And she was important.

Caroline was dragged from her thoughts when she heard someone knock on her front door. She put down the clothes in her hands and went out in the hall, where she was surprised to see Tyler stand, waiting for her to let him in. She shot him a quick smile before she moved towards the door and let him in.

“Hi.” Caroline said and stepped aside to let him in. As he passed her, Caroline felt goose bumps spread over her body and she looked after him with creased eyebrows. She straightened her face as soon as he turned to look at her and then closed the door behind him.