Liam sits in the seat Safaa was in, "I-I brought Harry and Louis to v-visit you to-today" he says.

Liam smiles seeing Zayn's fingers twitch, "I-I think h-he hears u-us" Louis stood by Liam's chair sighing, "Well can you tell him he needs to wake up? I miss my smoking buddy" he says, trying to lighten up the room but being in this room drains him a little

Liam caresses Zayn's hand gently, his heart stuttering when the man's finger twitch a lot more.

Harry smiles, "I think he heard you Lou" he says standing beside Liam. Louis chews on his lip, "Did the doctors say anything about his waking up?"

"They s-said they were goi-going to pull the plug b-b-but Trisha isn't going to l-let them do that"

"Good," Harry says, smiling when Zayn's toes move slightly. Liam made sure to fix Zayn's hair slightly, slicking it back. "He's making a lot of progress, I can tell"

Louis grins, "Or maybe he's just happy to hear Liam" Liam's cheeks turn red as he pecked Zayn's bruised cheek, sitting back in his chair.

"Y'know when he wakes up, we're going throw a fucking huge drinking party yeah? We'll get high too, Liam you'll get to smoke your first blunt"

Harry elbows his boyfriend's arm, "No he isn't, Liam doesn't need to do any of that"

"Why not? Gotta try it sometime, isn't that right Liam?" The younger man shrugs, "I-I guess"

"No Liam, that's like giving a baby a cigarette. Besides Zayn wouldn't allow it" Harry says making Liam smile a little. "I-I know" he says softly, looking back at his sleeping boyfriend

. . . . .

After a full three hours, Louis and Harry have been by Liam's side the whole time. He was really blessed for them, he's happy that he won't go through this alone.

He knows Zayn's parents are worse, Liam's heart ached for them. But Liam made sure to always come over Zayn's house to have tea with them to talk.

"Hello dearies" Trisha says with a smile. Liam smiles waving, "H-How're you?" "Getting better" "Th-these are m-my friends, Louis a-and Harry"

"It's nice to meet you two, Zayn has mentioned you a couple times" she says smiling at them.

Liam checked the time, "Ti-Time to go?" Trisha nods, "Same time tomorrow?" Liam nods getting up to hug her, "Y-Yes"

Harry and Louis made sure to give her a hug too, which made her felt a lot better. "You want us to drive you home?" Harry asks, wrapping an arm around Liam

Liam nods a little, "Pl-Please?" Louis nods taking it his car keys. For the first time, liam felt the weight on his chest get lighter.

During the whole ride, he was able to talk and laugh at Louis' corny jokes. He started to feel better, and just the thought of Zayn moving his hands and toes made him feel excited that he might wake up soon

He made sure to wave and thank his friends for coming along with him, then it was back to his schedule. He goes in the house, eat dinner alone, then goes upstairs to bed.

"How was the hospital dear?" Liam hears his mother ask from the couch, smiling at him. "S-Same, he moved hi-his fingers and t-toes"

"How's Trisha doing?" "S-She's ho-holding on" Liam says as he shrugs slightly, already making his way up the steps. "Aren't you hungry?"

"H-Harry and Lou to-took me out" Karen nods, "Alright dear, goodnight" "Ni-Night" Liam says before going up the steps.

Then he'd study for an hour, then he'd shower and get into his pajamas. Most of them were Zayn's shirts which made him upset at times.

Most times it was a reminder of how he felt in Zayn's arms and how he would smell like cigarettes and strawberries, then sometimes would wear Zayn's clothes for a straight week so he didn't feel so alone at time.

Liam takes a deep breath fiddling with his phone, he had turn on the screen staring at his lock screen of Zayn.

He smiles widely, he remembers that day clearly. He and Liam had been fooling around Liam's house when his family visited the farmer's market

That had been playing tag and play fighting, Liam kept snapping pictures of Zayn. He did the absolute most as to straddling his hips, continuing to take pictures as Zayn laughed

Partially Zayn was laughing because Liam was tickling his side with his other hand. He missed that beautiful smile, now he had to stare at an emotionless face that seemed like it wouldn't be moving for too long

Liam never noticed how much he missed Zayn's smile, he didn't like staring at a pale emotionless one. He doesn't think he'll get used to not seeing Zayn's smirk or quirky faces that make Liam laugh whenever he feels down.

Mostly Zayn's voice was the ultimate thing that he missed, just hearing his deep Bradford accent made Liam feel secure. He just wanted to hear Zayn say his name once and tell him everything was alright.

Sure anyone can reassure him, but when Zayn does it, it's much more special for Liam.

Liam blinks a little, his screen had already gone dark and he felt tired already. He laid down saying a quick prayer in his head for Zayn to wake up before going to sleep, clutching onto the collar of his shirt.

That night Liam has a dream about the dark boy whose smile spoke louder than words, whose eyes we're as bright as the sun, and the untouched cigarette behind his ear.