Prologue/Chapter One

Prologue: In this story, Katniss and Peeta Mellark learn to cope and adjust to the new changes before them. They also learn to adjust to the newest missing piece, along with Willow, which should be entertaining. There will be more challenges, new memories, and a lot of laughing and crying but mostly from the new baby.

Finding the Missing Piece: Book 6

Katniss POV-

"You did a great job." Peeta smiles, he's on top of the world right now, ever since Rye was born.

I haven't seen him this happy in awhile.

"I love you, Peeta." I tell him softly.

Peeta smiles, kissing the back of my hand, "I love you too. You are the most amazing mom."

I smile happily, "Thank you and you're the most amazing dad." I tell him truthfully.

He smiles, "I'm excited about Rye being here and all but I'm already exhausted." Peeta laughs a little.

I chuckle, "Me too." I say tiredly.

"Me too." Willow adds in.

Peeta and I grin.

"I want to spend the night in your room tonight." She tells us.

Peeta chuckles, "Why?"

"Because now my brother is there and it will be so fun because now all our family is there." She says.

I look at Peeta and he smiles a little.

"And Buttercup will need to sleep by our feet so he doesn't bother Rye."  Willow tells us.

I laugh a little.

A few minutes go by and Rye suddenly bursts into tears.

Willow immediately tries to shush him but he is mad.

"It's okay, baby brother." She says softly, shushing him.

He just gets angrier and louder.

"Rye?" I say, trying to get his attention, hoping it helps for just a few minutes at least.

This doesn't help and minutes go by and I feel completely helpless.

He's probably hungry but he's gonna have to wait until we go home.

I sigh and try to ignore him for my own sake, it's hurting Peeta too.

I look at Peeta and he shrugs, "Hold on, Buddy. We are almost home." Peeta tells him.

"Daddy, please hurry." Willow begs, putting her fingers in her ears.

"I'm trying, Sweetheart."

After a few minutes I can't take it anymore so I take off my seatbelt and turn around so I can try to calm him down.

"Rye, it's okay. Stop crying, please?" I ask him hopelessly, patting his red cheeks gently.

He is only one day old and he is already making me feel like a horrible mother and a helpless one at that.

How did I ever do this with Willow?

All of a sudden I feel Peeta pull on the back of my shirt, "Katniss! Turn around! Put your seatbelt back on!!" Peeta screams frantically, pulling me back hard.

I have just enough time to turn back around right as a car t-bones us and Peeta swerves, causing the car to roll repeatedly.

I'm thrown across the car, landing on top of Peeta who's stuck in his seatbelt.

I am knocked in and out of consciousness, I hear Willow crying hysterically.

Peeta's head is bleeding and he's not breathing.

I immediately feel tears streaming down my cheeks but Willow keeps calling for me.

I can't even decipher who I should go for, but my motherly instincts tell me Willow.

I climb back to her and she's gashed her face open and she's really pale.

"Momma." Willow cries again as I reach her.

I rip off her seatbelt and she falls into my arms.

"You're okay." I say softly as she lays her head on my chest.

I feel like I'm going to pass out.

"It hurts so bad." Willow complains.

"It will be okay. Someone is coming to help us."

She closes her eyes and I scream, weeping hysterically, "No!! Don't close your eyes!" I yell at her.

"Please don't yell at me." Willow asks me softly, crying.

I gently rock her back and forth, "I'm sorry. I love you so much. I am so so sorry." I bawl.

She holds me tightly, then her muscles relax.

I can't even look at her, it hurts me too much.

I don't want to but I glance over at my silent newborn baby and my last clear thought is I'm alone.

Ihear the ambulance sirens about the time Willow closes her blue eyes and it's the last thing I see before my family leaves me completely and utterly alone.

***I am a fucking idiot. I accidentally deleted the original story for this because I am dumb. Kill me. Make sure to add this back into your Libraries and reading lists!