Oasis {Terushima Yuuji}

Terushima is a pharaoh and you are an Egyptian goddess!
Please keep in mind that this story is a work of fiction and I'm not trying to rewrite history (as with all of my stories concerning time periods) so if things aren't the way they were described in textbooks don't attack me :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You smiled as you admired your creation: a beautiful oasis filled with fresh, sparkling water and surrounded by all sorts of fertile plants. It truly was wonderful, and you were quite proud of your work, but you were exhausted too. It was so hot that it felt like the sun and the dry heat were threatening to melt your skin off.

You figured you might as well take some time to enjoy what you'd made, so you took off your long, white, flowing dress and your large and heavy necklace before hanging them up on the low-hanging branch of a tree. You then slid into the cool and inviting water, breathing out a sigh of relief.

You'd been called numerous times by a single pharaoh, and he'd been so persistent that you felt you had to oblige. He'd also been very generous with his gift-giving, so you figured you'd take him up on his request. All he wanted you to do was to create an oasis for him near his kingdom so that he could go and lounge around there whenever he pleased.

Aside from being called to create this pharoah's personal oasis, you'd also been requested to check on his kingdom and aid him with whatever he needed. You didn't really fancy the idea of acting as a personal servant, but it wasn't like this pharaoh hadn't gone out of his way to get your attention. And by helping him, you hoped to get more popularity and attention.

"I guess I can put up with him for a few days..." you murmured as you let yourself relax in the water, "Hopefully he's not annoying, though, or else it's going to take a lot more to convince me to stay here."

Meanwhile, the pharaoh of the nearby kingdom had started out into the desert outside of his kingdom, searching eagerly for this oasis he had been waiting for. The camel underneath him grunted angrily when the pharaoh spotted the oasis hidden in between a ring of high sand dunes and had hopped up and down anxiously.

"Oh, come on! It's so hot!" he whined as his camel started down towards the beautiful oasis at the speed of a snail. He was sweating underneath his robes and jewelry, as well as his large and ornate crown. Since his camel was taking its sweet time, the young pharaoh leapt off its back and sprinted over to the oasis.

Once he got to the edge of the water, he stripped off all of his clothing and jewelry and hopped into the water, feeling the cold and refreshing liquid surround him. When he resurfaced with a bright smile on his face, he looked around and admired everything around him. He stopped and did a double-take, however, when he noticed something hanging from a tree.

He realized that it was a robe, and he soon laid his eyes on you. You hadn't noticed his presence at all, allowing him to watch you from afar. He gazed hungrily at you as you dipped your hair underwater and ran your hands through each (h/l) (h/c) lock of it. You then walked over to the edge of the water to grab something to tie your hair up with, revealing upper half of your bare torso.

At this point, the young pharaoh was already starting to approach you. He'd sensed a different aura about you that he recognized as that of a goddess, and he hadn't been able to stop himself from going over to you.

As you submerged your entire torso in the water again, you turned around and noticed the young man approaching you, shocking you slightly. "What do you think you're doing, wandering in on a woman bathing?" you asked and raised an eyebrow. Your tone would've been much sharper if you hadn't been so relaxed already.

"You're the goddess that I called, aren't you? (F/n)?" he wondered, his brown eyes wide with curiosity.

You looked him over, taking note of his orangish-blonde hair, his ear piercings, that tongue piercing you'd seen glittering in his mouth, and his muscular shoulders. "And that means you're the persistent pharaoh who requested my help, aren't you, Yuuji?" you responded, stretching your arms out and massaging your shoulder.

He nodded as a smirk made its way onto his face. "Thanks for helping me with this. It looks great." He held up a thumbs up as he watched you nod slowly in return before creeping closer to you and sliding an arm around your shoulders. "Say, you're pretty cute!"

"I'm also naked and I would like it if you gave me some personal space," you retorted quickly, sliding his wet arm off of your shoulders. When his hand gripped your shoulder, you turned to shoot him a murderous glare that made him let go of you immediately.

The last thing he wanted to do was upset the beautiful goddess in front of him, but he also made the decision that he wouldn't leave this oasis without you.

"Hey, do you want to come back to my kingdom with me? I'm sure you'll be impressed by what I've done with the place," he suggested with a confident smile. You glanced at him over your shoulder and watched him as he scooped water up with his hands before running his fingers through his hair and shaking himself off like a wet dog.

"I've already been ordered to watch over you, so it's not like I have a choice," you muttered softly.

"Really?! Let's get going then!" he announced and leapt out of the water, onto the dirt. You averted your eyes from his muscular, naked form and wandered over to to the edge of the pool of water to retrieve your dress. Just as you were about to step out of the water, you felt uncomfortable, and you noticed Yuuji's eyes on you as he stood by his camel.

"Why are you staring?" you wondered angrily.

"I won't look! Sorry!" He quickly turned around and covered his eyes with his hands like a child.

Sighing, you stepped out of the water and put your dress back on, not even caring that the young pharaoh was obviously sneaking peeks at you every now and then. In a way, his wanting to look at you was flattering since it meant that he thought there was something to admire in the first place.

"Alright, let's go and see this magnificent kingdom of yours," you mumbled and approached him. You gracefully mounted the camel he'd brought along while he walked alongside it as an act of courtesy towards you.

"You won't be disappointed. I promise." You looked down at him incredulously, and he winked at you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonus ending!

You sighed deeply as you sat next to the young pharaoh some months later, watching over his kingdom. In the time that you'd been with him, his promises hadn't been empty and your presence had become well-known to his subjects, who praised you and thanked you for your help. Yuuji had treated you to your own wonderful room to stay in as well as servants to wait on you and make sure that you weren't unsatisfied.

"So, aren't you glad you decided to watch over me?" Yuuji asked you from where he sat a few feet away at his throne.

You looked over at him as you spread yourself out across the couch you were lounging on. "Yes. I'll admit that you haven't wasted my time like I thought you might," you stated and leaned back against the cushioned material.

His smiling lips twitched slightly in annoyance, but a warmth soon washed over him as he watched your angelic face as you closed your eyes and relaxed. "Are you happy here?" he asked again. He really hoped you were because he could see you being his queen in the future.

You nodded. "You've done a lot for me. Thank you," you said and smiled softly as you stood up and made your way to your room.

As you passed by his throne, he placed a hand on your waist, holding you in his gentle grip and making you pause to look over at him.

"If you ever need me to appease you again, just let me know, (f/n)," he suggested, pressing a kiss against your neck. You allowed him to kiss you and touch you until his hand roamed onto your—

"Alright, Yuuji, that's enough," you said teasingly and pushed him away before continuing your walk out of the throne room, "Just remember that your goal is to appease me, so don't be getting selfish."