Remember? {Tsukishima Kei} (Request)

Soulmate AU where the first words your soulmate says are tattooed on your leg.
Requested by @rachcho3
I'm trying something different, so this will be written from Tsukki's perspective!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remember how we first met?"

Yeah, I do. I'll never forget, actually.

I remember walking home on a Friday night. I'd been at my favorite cafe since it's not like I'd been invited to any wild parties or any other events. Tch... Who would want to go to any of those anyway?

On my way home, I'd heard someone crying, and I'd quickly located the source. You had been sitting on the front steps of an apartment complex, bawling your eyes out. Normally, I would've continued walking and left you to your own devices, but you just sounded so pitiful that I had to make sure you weren't going to die or something.

So I approached you and greeted you in the gentlest way I knew how when your gross sobbing was quite annoying.

"You're going to have to stop crying eventually or else you'll dehydrate yourself."

You'd looked up at me, then. Your (e/c) eyes had been red, puffy, and full of tears. Judging by the dirty look you'd given me, you hadn't been impressed by my comment. In fact, only a few more moments elapsed before your lip quivered again and you curled up into ball, pressing your face into your knees and sobbing all over again.

I had sighed loudly, wondering what I'd gotten myself into. Now that I'd made you cry harder, I couldn't just leave you alone. So I sat down next to you and watched you. I looked at the way your (h/l) (h/c) strands of hair shimmered— I mean... No, forget I said that.

"No, Kei; say it! I want to know every detail!"

Okay... So I was looking at your hair and how it... shimmered in the moonlight. And then I looked at the suitcases and bags on the step behind you and wondered why you had so much shit to carry. It looked like you'd packed a whole house. Honestly.

And then you'd looked up at me, your eyebrows furrowing when you noticed my presence.

"If you're going to be mean to me, just leave me alone," you'd snapped at me, wiping your eyes with the sleeves of your sweater.

At that moment, I'd thought about how miserable you looked with your red, tear-streaked cheeks, and your smeared mascara. God, you were a mess.

"So rude, Kei! And that's not how I sound at all!"

Hey, you told me you wanted to hear every detail! Now be quiet and listen because I'm not going to repeat myself.

Anyway, yeah, you looked terrible. So I took it upon myself to be a little nicer and try to help you out. I asked you, "What's going on?" in a much gentler tone, might I add.

And you sniffled loudly and grossly, and said, "My boyfriend broke up with me and kicked me out."

You'd tried to clean up your face, but your attempts were more like trying to clean up paint with your fingers— it just didn't work.

"Kei, enough about my makeup! Geez!"

Shh! I'm telling you everything for a reason! Now be quiet or else I won't continue.

Anyway, being the kind person I can be, I gave you some tissues. As you blew your nose in a disgusting manner, I tried to think about what to do with you. I couldn't just leave you out on the streets, especially when there were muggers and rapists on the loose. In fact, when I thought about the danger you could be in, I started to feel angry with your boyfriend for being so inconsiderate towards you.

So, I offered you a place to stay. "Do you want to stay at my house?" I'd asked very politely and selflessly.

You took a while to think, and I started to grow impatient. Eventually, after eternities had passed, you'd answered, "I do, if that's okay with you."

"I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't okay with it."

That comment pushed you to the verge of tears again, so I decided that I couldn't say anything that sounded relatively snarky since you were very sensitive at the time. So I'd apologized and helped you carry your luggage to my house, which, thankfully, wasn't that far away because your stuff was heavy as hell.

On the way there, we introduced ourselves and I was surprised by the fact that you wouldn't shut up! You just went on and on about your stupid boyfriend, and I was like, just give it a rest, woman! About a thousand years later, we finally got to my house and I told you to wait in the living room while I cleaned my room and the bathroom.

Yes, that's right. I gave up my wonderful bed for you. I slept on the couch. I waited until you were finished showering before I took my shower and I waited until you were finished changing before I went into my room to grab my clothes.

The next morning, while I was trying to catch up on the sleep that I'd lost while trying not to fall off the damn couch all night, you woke me up.

"Tsukki!" you'd called.

I hated it. "Don't call me that!" I'd told you.

When I looked over the back of the couch at you, I was surprised, I'll admit. Even though you weren't wearing any makeup and you had a serious case of bedhead, I thought you were the most beautiful person I'd seen in my life...

Ahem! Anyway, you'd walked around to the front of the couch and pointed at your leg. "Look at this!"

Since you were wearing a very short pair of shorts, I could clearly see your legs and the writing that was on your calf. It said exactly what I'd told you the night before about the whole dehydration thing.

Even though it was cold, I took my blankets off and looked down at my own leg. I saw exactly what you'd said in reply to my comment written on my own calf. When I looked back up at you, you were smiling brightly. And then you tackled me.

"Tsukki, we're soulmates!" you'd exclaimed, hugging me so tightly that you practically suffocated me.

The lack of oxygen must've impaired my decision making abilities because I ended up hugging you back instead of pushing you off the couch like I should've done...

"Hey!"

Shh! I'm getting to the end, okay? And this part, I'm definitely not saying again, so listen up.

When I held you in my arms, I realized how lonely I had been. And even though I barely knew you at the time, I was happy that I had someone as loving and as beautiful as you were as my soulmate. I didn't realize how alone I'd felt until you came into my life and gave me the company I must've secretly wanted. Your kisses were— and still are— like heaven.

And now here I am, with you, happily ever after. The end. Are you happy now?

"Aww, baby, that was so sweet! I love you."

I love you too. Ah great, my glasses are fogging up again...

"But you left some parts out."

Like what? Why are you putting your arms around me?

"You didn't talk about what we did after that. You know, when we—"

Story time is over, (f/n).