Chapter 26: Listen To Me

Start from the beginning

"Don't you dare." I started as he made a move to leave when I didn't answer. "Please don't leave me alone in here." I cried,  my inner drama student taking hold of the situation.

"Well it depends I guess." He said absentmindedly. "You're not the only one who has sass Dana." 

"Am too." 

"My nickname from those..." He paused as he thought how to phrase the description, "people I used to talk to is Princess Gee. I cannot not have sass." 

"Don't use double negatives it confuses me." I replied hautily. 

"Can if I want to." 

"Hell no, you do as I please. I amthe epiphany of sass." I crossed my arms and struck the largest hands-on-hips pose my awkward body could muster. " But, p-please d-don't  leave me." I stuttered out slowly. 

"We'll see." He replied indifferently, and proceeded down the hallway. "See you at lunch," he paused, for dramatic effect purposes only, "sugar tits."  Earning a small growl which I soon learnt had come from me. No one out-sasses Dana. It's on Gerard. 

The day passed slowly, with me drifting in and out of relative consciousness through out chemistry, to just completely sleeping through math. Mikey had shown up with a far-too-hyper-to-be-functioning-at-a-normal-human-capacity Frank almost sprinting beside him to keep up as Gerard and I were just finishing up our lunches. 

"Why did you walk so fast Mikey. I nearly lost you." Frank pouted at Mikey. 

"Sorry Frank but I just read Dana's text and the quicker I get here, the less telling off I'll get." He winked cheekily and ruffled Frank's messy hair. 

"Hey!" I protested, my mouth half full with pasta. 

"Eww Dana. Eat first." Mikey grimaced with a fake tut. "We all know it's true though." I sighed in defeat at this but continued to shovel the last few pieces of pasta into my mouth earning looks of digust from a passing group of slightly orange looking girls. 

"Anyway, how come you were so late?" I asked quizzically. 

"I had to pick up Frank and then walk to school but he overslept." Mikey replied with a nudge to Frank who simply smiled sheepishly at me. "I was waiting for a whole hour." 

"Sorry Mikey." 

"Nah it's fine Frank, but tomorrow please be on time, or Dana will definitely shout at me." Mikey smiled goofily. 

"She turned on me instead in your absence Mikey." Gerard muttered, "Thanks a lot man." He joked as he looked at me as if for approval. 

"Welcome bro." Mikey's face holding yet another 100 watt smile. "I always aim for you to get the sass rather than me." 

"Excuse me, it is a priviledge to be in the presence of the sass thank you very much." I cut in and made a huge toss of my hair. "You shouldn't be bad mouthing something you know you ain't got." I continued. 

"Whatever Dana," Mikey shook his head, but I smile could be seen playing on his lips. "Anyway, I need to show Frank his next class before the bell. Let's go Frankie." Mikey stood up and half dragged a waving Frank towwards the edge of the cafeteria, leaving me and Gerard alone again. 

"I've got to collect some art pieces I left last year." Gerard explained, as he noticed my frown when he begun to stand. "I'll see you by the gate after school yeah?"

"Sure Gee." I smiled and waved as he darted between tables before continuing to shove pieces of penne into my mouth with my plastic Pooh Bear fork.