Midori Hatake

The young girl awoke with a start and glanced around her pitch black room. She knew she wouldn't be able to see anyone in the darkness anyway, with no window or cracks below the door to allow any light to enter. She slowly brought a hand to her head, only to find it bandaged. Her throat didn't hurt as bad either. So it happened again? But who-
Her thoughts were interrupted as she let out a loud yawn. No matter. Whoever you are... thank you. With that she flopped back down on the floor. Wishing whoever it was could take her away, but that was impossible. She lightly touched the bandages on her head and closed her eyes, memories of earlier that day flooded her mind.

She kept her eyes closed as she was doing her chores. She was used to this. The young child has seen too much happen, and was quite scared to see anything else. Using what she liked to call "a wave of chakra" she managed to move around as easily as she could with them open.
Then again, she didn't need to see to smell the alcohol as the door slammed open, or to hear the footsteps storm into the room where she was currently making ramen for her family. She didn't need to see to know how this would end, as she always ended up the target when he was furious with one thing or another. She wasn't cared for at home, she didn't even have a name.
Her father started yelling at her, as if everything to go wrong was her fault, and her only response was to lower her head in guilt. She stood silently, waiting to be struck as she normally would. When it didn't happen she began to relax a bit, before snapping her eyes open in shock. He hadn't struck her, but instead snaked his fingers across her neck, lifting her with one hand. Both of her hands struck out to clutch his as she struggled. Her legs kicking out to him as she clawed his hand. Strangled cries echoed the room as he held her there. The sight she believed would be her last was her fathers eyes, filled with a murderous intent, as black spots filled her vision. He slammed her limp body against the counter before everything went dark.

All she could do was sigh. She gave up on trying to sleep and began planning ways she could leave. All of them seemed useless except one. She believed she read a book on performing different jutsu. If she could manage to make a clone to stay behind, she could get far enough away to escape successfully. She tiptoed across the dark room and closed her eyes before sliding the door open. She felt the familiar burning sensation as she used chakra to make her aware of her surroundings. Everyone seemed to be asleep, so she made her way to her mothers library. She slightly opened her eyes, just long enough to find the book she needed before closing them again. She held the book to her chest as she silently made her way back to her room. Curling into herself as she sat in the corner of the room, she attempted to make out what it had said for a clone jutsu. After a few minutes she could barely make out the pictures. But that was enough for her. She did the handsign and felt her chakra move around as she tried to balance it. However the burning she had when she used her chakra just grew. A puff of smoke beside her alerted her to her clone. She reached out towards it to find she had done it perfectly, but the burning feeling spread and worsened with each second. She tried to hold in her need to scream as she ran to the door. Before she could reach out to open it she collapsed, screaming. It felt as if she was on fire. Soon her parents ran in, furious to have been awoken, and her father kicked her away from the door. She couldn't move away, the pain was too much. They noticed the clone and he picked the girl up by her shirt, his yelling never reaching her ears. She didn't really notice what was going on around her until his fist collided with her stomach. When this happened the burning worsened and he stumbled backwards, dropping the girl. What was that? Her father had been injured somehow, but she hadn't done anything. He growled as he went to kick her for hurting him, but his foot never connected. Instead the room was filled with blue chakra that made the walls start to collapse. She screamed as more chakra filled the room. What's going on?! Make it stop! It hurts! She tried willing it to stop, only to find that it got worse. Her body literally burning at the amount of chakra, she collapsed on the floor trembling. She never noticed the walls crumbling away, or her parents knocked out by the door. She never noticed the two ninja who were always outside her house at night. She only took notice of the burning as the ninja ran in. Their words couldn't be heard over her screaming. They never caught the girls attention until one placed a hand on her shoulder lightly, before electricity entered her body, cutting off her chakra. It's gone. She finally looked up at the ninja while gasping for air. Though it was dark, and his face was covered, he seemed to smile before scooping her into his arms and running out of the collapsing building beside his comrade. She couldn't even cry as she looked back to see nothing but a cloud of dust. Am I free? She weakly looked at the two ninja, taking in their appearance. The one holding her wore a mask covering half of his face, and his headband covered his left eye. This made only one eye visible, and it seemed to be filled with happiness and worry. He had dark eyes and silver hair swept up and to the side.
The other ninja wore a bright green jumpsuit. His dark eyes matched his black hair, which was in a bowl cut. He gave her a warm smile as if telling her everything was okay.
Finally, their headbands had the symbol of.. the hidden leaf?
The masked ninja spoke first, almost sounding bored. "Relax. We're here to help. What's your name?"
She took a moment to answer. "I don't have one.."
His only visible eye widened a fraction before he nodded. "Then do you mind if I gave you one?" He asked softly, as if he knew all along. She nodded weakly, barely awake. He smiled. "Well then, I'm Kakashi Hatake. And from now on, you're... Midori."
She gave a slight smile.
Midori. I love it. Thank you for everything.
She slowly drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------
Yes I know this is horribly written but this is my second fanfic and I hope you guys will enjoy reading. ^^