Chapter 3

'Calem where did you run off to?' Paul thought to himself as he walked into the hallway. Calem had just taken off because he had been embarrassed? People get embarrassed for a lot less and still handle it a lot better, and he just runs off. But why did he run to find him? Paul barely even talked to Calem let alone like him, but still, he was a friend, I guess.

As Paul walked down the hallway he checked the classrooms as he went. After a few class rooms passed by, he noticed someone sitting at the teachers desk of one of the rooms. Paul slowly walked in hoping that the figure was Calem.

"What do you want?" Calem remarked as he saw Paul approach.

"I came to make sure you where ok, I know how tough a loss can be especially one like you had." Paul said

"Who don't know the half of it..." Calem said. "I came so close just to have a stupid Pikachu take it all away from me in an instant."

"Oh I know Calem, I know all to well. You see I am from the Sinnoh region. Did you happen to hear all of Ash's achievements? He is the champion of Sinnoh, and can you guess who he beat in the final round with his Pikachu? It was me! But you don't see me pouting and running away because of it. I trained hoping that one day I could redeem myself. And now I'm going to help you do the same for you." Paul said.

"Wh..what? Why would you help me?" Calem asked very confused.

"Because I wish someone would have helped me. So I'm going to give you this, just don't tell anyone where you got it from. Give it to your Tyrantrum and I think you'll figure out the rest." Paul said as he reached into his backpack and pulled out what looked to be a CD.

"Paul.... I dont... don't know if I can do this. What if it doesn't work?" Calem asked.

"If it doesn't, then you didn't get it from me, and you need to train on your own." Paul said. "Thats what I've been doing for a while now."

"Thanks Paul, I'm gonna give it my best" Calem said with a smug expression.

"Thats all you can do Calem, now let's get back to the assembly." Paul said. He started to walk out with Calem closely behind. Then re-entered the auditorium and quietly took their seats again not trying to draw attention to themselves.

As they sat down they saw him. The Ash Ketchum walking onto stage. He walked out and the audience roared in applause. He looked to be of average hieght, about 5"10' and had long, spikey, black hair. He had a hat sitting over all of the spikes. He wore dark colored jeans and had a dark blue jacket witha pokeball logo on the front. On his shoulder stood a little yellow mouse with red cheeks.

As he walked out he gave a wave to the crowd while Pikachu did the same. He grinned all the attention everyone was giving him and his smile radiated confidence and happiness. The thing that stood out the most to Serena were his big, brown eyes. They seemed to just stare into her soul. She could tell he was glancing around but when he glanced in her direction it looked like he stared right at her. 'Wow that smile' Serena thought 'and those eyes, I definitely know him from somewhere. But where.... and why does he seem so different than anyone I've ever seen before?'

Ash strode over to the podium that Professor Oak was standing at and gave him a handshake.

"Thanks Professor!" Ash said into the mic, "I just want to thank everyone for welcoming me here and I am very excited to learn among you as well as help all of you with you battling. I hope that we can all become friends and fierce competitors this year!"

As he finished his speech (if you could call it that), everyone again cheered. After the applause died down, Principal Rowan took the mic from the podium and started to speak again.