Chapter 4: Sacrifice

I swung open the metal door with authority. I was ready to continue progressing through this chamber of chaos. I proceeded through these hallways of damnation, and I noticed more blood on the walls. It read "Would you give up a part of you to survive." What the hell did that mean? Is this another riddle or was something just trying to screw with me.

Down the hallway was another huge metal door. Just as usual, I decided to continue to the next task and find out what I needed to do. Unusually enough I was starting to get used to this, starting to feel......comfortable of course I wasn't liking this. I killed someone after all, for what I know, I'm a murderer at this point. I took those thoughts and cast them away. I opened the metal door and proceeded through to the next room.

In this room I saw a table and a camera that's recording, a machete that looks like it was recently sharpened, and medical supplies, bandages and disinfectant. Have I got to kill another person. I don't want to, I'm not becoming the devil again. "Well well...the third task is next. You see all the other tasks I have been watching you. But this time I'll be watching you more closely than ever, because this task requires you to take that machete and remove your ring finger, 10 minutes... Play nicely."

Removing my ring finger, that's crazy, this is getting ridiculous. This guy was right back in the safe room. He said that this place will take a part of me with it, I can't prevent this. I have to do it to survive and escape. I took the machete and positioned it above my finger, I couldn't close my eyes because I need to see where I slice and to make sure I don't take my hand off. I gritted my teeth and raised the machete...

Blood was pouring out of my finger and the pain was excruciating. I quickly grabbed the disinfectant and poured it clumsily over my hand and finger. It burned adding more and more pain to my hand, I also grabbed the bandages and wrapped them around my hand. It wasn't pretty, but it would stop the bleeding and ease my nerves. Everything cut to black.

I woke up in the same room, my finger was right next to me. The timer had reached a minute. "Break the camera and grab the key." I grabbed the camera and smashed it off of the floor, I was stumbling everywhere I unlocked the door to the next room and stumbled in there and fell immediately on the mattress. There was no TV, which meant no news report about me.

"Well done. Although, I kind of wanted you to stay unconscious. That way I could relieve you of your pain and steal more than just your finger. The reason their are no more news reports is because your dead and trapped in hell, your just crawling your way out, but day by day this place is breaking your sanity. Only two tasks remain, will you survive... We'll find out, night night. Tomorrow is another task."

I can still feel the effects of the machete. I'm fading more and more, but I need to stay strong and continue my crawl. This may be a scrape of the knee but I am getting out of hell.