Chapter 3

I'm so so so sorry that I haven't been updating for ages. I kind of lost interest in writing  for a while, then I saw Allegiant in the cinema and it made me want to update again. Sooooooo.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning to find everyone else still asleep. I checked the time on the clock beside my bed and saw that we didn't have to be up for another 45 minutes. I decided that because no one else was up, I could have a shower without anyone seeing me. Who's idea was it to have showers without curtains?

After my shower, I got dressed into a black vest top and a pair of tight black yoga pants. I shoved my hair up into a high ponytail and dug my boots out from under my bed. I still had about 20 minutes before training so I decided to go for a walk around the compound.

I walked through the endless tunnels until I found the pit. Despite it being quite early, there were already lots of people walking around on their way to work. I was looking at all the different shops around the pit, not paying attention to where I was going, until I walked into something. Or someone. I almost fell backwards when someone grabbed my waist to stop me from falling. I looked up to see who the person was. Eric.
"Watch where your going stiff." He growled as he narrowed his eyes at me. We stared at each other for a while, his hands still on my waist and my hands resting on his forearms. After a few seconds I realized how close we were and stepped back. He looked me in the eyes and smirked, then he walked around me, his hand brushing past mine. A tingling feeling went up my arm as he did so. I was about to continue my walk around the compound when Eric shouted at me from the other side of the pit. "Hey stiff. Training starts in 10 minutes don't be late." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the cafeteria for breakfast. I walked through the heavy doors of the cafeteria and saw that the other initiates were finally up and sat around a table in the middle of the hall. As I walked closer to the table, Erin noticed me and smiled politely. "Hey Kylie. Where have you been?" She asked as she handed me the food she got for me. "I woke up early and walked around the compound." I replied, sitting down next to her, Amy and Lexa opposite us.

After breakfast we all made our way to the training room and found Tobi- Four and Six waiting for us. "I thought they said we had 3 trainers." Amy said and as soon as the words left her mouth, Eric walked through the door. His eyes found mine and he smirked again. I looked down at the floor blushing. My eyes then traveled to my brother, who was eyeing Eric suspiciously. He then looked at me and raised his eyebrows and I shrugged in response, as Six started explaining what we would be doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were currently jogging around the compound, with Tobias, Six and Eric in front of us. Me and Amy were jogging next to each other, but soon everyone stopped. Up ahead there was a group of factionless surrounded by dauntless soldiers. My brother walked over to speak to one of the guards. "Keep running" he said in a stern voice once he had returned

After our run, we all went back to the dorms and everyone collapsed in their beds, not bothering to change out of their sweaty training clothes. I decided to get out of my training clothes and put on a black T-shirt with some shorts and I got into bed. I closed my eyes and soon found my self drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the front door after getting back from school. Once the door was shut, I was engulfed in grey and felt like there was no way out. I looked down and saw that I was wearing abnegation clothes. I heard footsteps thudding down the stairs, and I saw the devil himself. Marcus. My breathing started to increase as he walked closer and pulled out a belt from behind his back. "Your the reason they left." He shouted, referring to Tobias and my mother. "It was all your fault." Before I had a chance reply, I felt the belt hit me across the face and I collapsed to the floor......

I woke up and looked around. I was still in the dorm and everyone was asleep. An unsettling silence sent shivers up my spine. I put my hands on my cheeks and felt the tears on my face. I got up and grabbed my boots from under my bed, then walked quietly to the door.

After putting my boots on, I walked around trying to clear my head. I walked around for quite a while until I heard the sound of rushing water. I followed the sound until I found myself at the chasm. I sat down against the wall near the edge and closed my eyes, the rushing sound drowning out the thoughts of the nightmare.

"What are you doing?" Asked a familiar voice. I looked up and my eyes met Eric's. He raised his eyebrows, his piercing glinting due to the small light on the wall.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied, only partly telling the truth. "Neither." He said while sitting down next to me. We didn't say anything else, we just listened to the sound of the water below us. The sound started to calm me down and I soon found myself struggling to stay awake. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop myself from resting my head on Eric's shoulder as my eyes started to droop.  I felt him move and lift me up bridal style. After a while of him carrying me I started drifting off, but before I did I felt him put me down on something soft. Within seconds, I was fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry again for taking so long to update...

~Jess❤️