I think that that was the moment I realized that I did want a mate, and I wanted her forever. I wasn't letting go of Ariel. Ever. 

"Hey, baby. Shh, shh. What's wrong?" I asked softly, making my way over to where she lay on the bed. Lifting her small frame into my arms, I softly stroked her hair, kissing her forehead. "Just tell me, I'll fix it. It'll be okay," 

Sniffling, she looked up at me, her body still shaking. I could see now that the tough act from earlier was exactly that- an act. I realized just how scared she was now. 

"I'm going crazy!" She shouted, pushing away from me. "D-don't touch me. I'm insane," She finished, her voice barely a whisper.

Hurt pinged in my heart when she told me not to touch her, but I knew it wasn't personal. This was hard for her.

"Boo," I said quietly, reaching out and gently touching her knee. "I know what's going on.. Would you like me to tell you?"

Her dark blue eyes widened considerably, and her head shot around to face mine. "Y-you hear it too?" She gasped, grabbing my hand.

I frowned. She hears something? What the fu- Ohh. Her wolf. "Yes, baby. Our kind hears it."

"Our... Our kind?"

Sighing, I pulled her back into my lap, content when she didn't yank away from me. "First, I want you to promise me that you'll listen to me, and not interrupt. Also, I want you to believe me, okay? I'll never lie to  you, and I'm not now, okay? Swear to me that you'll listen. Swear to me that you'll hear me out and believe me."

Gulping, she gave a small nod, waiting eagerly for me to continue.

***

"You're joking," She whispered, small frame shaking as I cradled her in my muscular arms. 

Sending her a look of pity, I slowly shook my head. "No, baby. I'm telling you the truth." 

"You can't be!" She cried. Her small hands came up to cover her beautiful face, thumbs rubbing her own temples. "W-Why didn't anyone tell me! I-I'm a frigging werewolf and I didn't even know!" Her breaths were shallow, her chest falling and rising rapidly. "Wait... So, I'm not the only one, though? Didn't y-you say something about.. packs?"

Giving her a small nod, I watched and waited for her reaction. She carefully brought her hands away from her face, laying her head against my chest. 

"At least I'm not alone... Or crazy..." She muttered.

"Yeah," I mumbled, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Her body stilled, staring at the wall in front of us. "Why does my... wolf... Always shout at me, when, um, you're around  me?" 

Now it was my turn to freeze. I wanted, so, so, badly, to tell her the truth, but what if she completely freaked out? I just found her and came to terms with the fact that I need her, I don't want her to leave!

"U-Um," I stuttered. Shit, I never stutter. "Promise you won't, uh, leave me?" I asked finally, my body rigid as she shifted in my arms. 

Biting her lip, she gave me a small nod. "I promise,"

"Uh, well, a mate, um, is a werewolf's soul mate.. It's the person they'll spend the rest of their life with, who will love you through thick and thin... They're meant to be together forever, and once they meet, it's like everything stops. It physically hurts to be away from them. Especially, um, after they, well.. After they mate. In other words, make love."

Her eyes were like saucers, blinking rapidly before returning to the wide-eyed state she was currently stuck in. 

Suddenly, it was like someone had hit her in the stomach, a pained look crossing her features. Before I could ask what was wrong, she beat me to it. 

"Um... D-Did you find her...? Your mate, I mean." Her voice was small, a tad shaky. Her gaze was set on the wall once more, refusing to meet my eyes.

Biting the inside of my cheek to stop from laughing then and there, I nodded. "Yeah, I did. She's perfect."

Her eyes flashed up to mine for a second, hurt and jealousy raging through the waters called her eyes. "Oh. What's she like?" 

"Hmm.. Well, first of all, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my entire life. She's strong, sweet, smart. She likes flowers, I believe, and lots of colour. She keeps her guards up because she's scared of being hurt on the inside, while on the outside she acts like everything's fine and she's unstoppable. She has this long, beautiful blonde hair that's sort of curly, but not so much as to be frizzy. And her eyes.. They're like your own personal ocean every time you look into them, and you find yourself getting lost in their depths. Now, I've only known her for a few days, maybe, but I already know I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

She took her plump pink lip between her teeth roughly, pushing herself off of my lap before I could stop her. 

"Want to know who she is?" I asked gently, reaching out and grabbing her hips once more.

"No." She said angrily, but I could still hear the hurt and heartbreak through her voice.

"She's you," I whispered, pulling her flush against me as I softly kissed her neck, nibbling lightly.

"M-me? Really?" She choked.

"Yes, sweetheart. You're my mate." 

"Oh, thank God... I thought I was even crazier than before," She mumbled, finally relaxing against my chest.

"You're perfect," I murmured, leaning in closer with my gaze on her lips.

A/N: HA CLIFFIE I'm sorry (:) <-- A sad face AND a smiley face. Friggen bam.

So. It wasn't too long since I last updated, but it was actually too long. I'm sorry I left you guys with that! But I actually like this chapter. Puts a lot of needed information in there, eh?:)

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS. AND VOTES. AND COMMENTS. AND AWESOMENESS GODDAMN I LOVE YOU GUYS K.

Vote, fan, comment!!

.