Chapter 19 - Family

Începe de la început

Jin and Dawn were the ones who cooked most of the time because we didn't know the different kinds of foods that people ate here. We were so used to eating salads and salted meat but the dishes that Jin prepared everyday were out of the world. I had never tasted dishes with such exotic tastes before and the way all the flavors blended together was just amazing.

Jin and Dawn had both gotten jobs so they could earn money to sustain our lives here. Jin worked at a restaurant. Since she wasn't good at dealing with people, she took care of cooking in the kitchen. We had visited the restaurant once and I was called in once in a while to help as a waiter when the restaurant expected foreign customers. My fluency in English seemed to be useful at least a little.

As for Dawn, he worked at a dock. He was responsible for managing the goods that were imported and exported to and from other countries by ships. It was a tough physical job but living on Chimaera seemed to give us an advantage here. Heiza, Tiz and I also took on odd jobs that didn't need us to communicate much. So we were able to earn enough for our daily needs.

Today was a Sunday, apparently a holiday for everyone during the week. Deciding that we needed a change, we had come to the beach to just spend some relaxing time together. It was crowded with a lot of people but the overall atmosphere was cheerful.

I looked at Jin as she surfaced in the water. Her hair and clothes were sticking to her and I clenched my jaw slightly. She wore a pair of grey shorts that reached her mid thigh as well as a white half sleeve shirt that fell off her shoulders and showed most of her waist. Her wounds had healed pretty well, but there was still a scar that would take time to disappear. She didn't seem to mind that people could see it though.

I know we were at a beach and there were other girls who were wearing even scantier clothes than Jin but with her white shirt wet, her black lingerie was visible through the transparent material. I didn't like the fact that Jin was so exposed in front of other people besides me.

"Hey! Look at that hot chick! Damn, what a body!" I heard someone from the shore say. I didn't understand what they said but when I noticed the way they were eying Jin up and down, I figured out what thoughts they had in mind. It made me really uncomfortable.

I swam towards her as she moved her hair out of the way. I brought her to my chest with my arms on her back and waist. She had her hands on my bare chest and looked up at me curiously. "What's the matter, Thor?"

I frowned slightly before leaning down and kissing her with my eyes closed. She stiffened for a moment, probably not expecting me to do so. But she relaxed after a moment and pressed back against me. She brought her arms up and around my shoulders, holding my head in one hand as she parted her lips in response to my begging.

I rubbed my tongue against hers and she shuddered in my arms. She pulled away from my shoulders and I got the message that she was starting to get slightly overwhelmed by the kiss. I pulled away from her lips reluctantly and looked into her eyes. For the second time, her face was dusted with a light blush. I glanced at the two guys who were watching us shocked. I smirked at them and they glared at me before walking away.....disappointed.

I looked back at Jin and cupped her cheek still holding her to me with a hand on her lower back. The skin of her back was smooth and the fact that I could feel her bare stomach in direct contact with mine made me want to ravish her right here. But I knew I had to give her time.

She had progressed to the point where she allowed me to kiss her this way. But doing anything intimately physical was still out of question because I could see she wasn't ready.

"You're so beautiful, Jin.....honestly, I cant get enough." I mumbled, dropping my head onto her shoulder. She responded by wrapping her arms around my torso and resting her face in the crook of my neck.