Gregory House x Reader

It was a cold night for a holiday party in Princeton, New Jersey. All around me everyone was enjoying themselves, drinking, talking to friends, and having fun. I had just arrived and saw Kutner, so I headed over to talk to him.

"Hey Kutner, I know House made all of the Secret Santa presents for himself, but I saw this and thought of you so here you go." I said thoughtfully.

"Woah, Issue #37 Batman Comic? Where did you find this? Thanks! Anyways, speaking of House he wants to see you. Said he was in his office." Kutner replied, still staring in awe at the comic.

"Okay, thanks. Merry Christmas." I said smiling.

"Merry Chistmas (l/n)." He replied. Well that was a good 4 minutes of the holiday party. Surely whatever House wanted would take at least the remainder of it, but what wouldn't I do for him? He knew he had me wrapped around his finger and he used that to his advantage. I kept getting stopped by people wishing me happy holidays as I tried to make my way through the crowd. I walked into the office and saw him outside, standing on the ledge. Wait. What the fuck?

"House!" I yelled, getting him to turn his head around. I ran towards the ledge and pulled him off it. He hit his head on the floor and was knocked out cold.

"Fucking hell." I muttered to myself as I took out my cell phone and called Chase.

"Ello?" A familiar Aussie accent came through the phone.

"Hey Chase it's (l/n). So I need a couple strong men to come up to House's office and help me move something. Also bring Cuddy and have someone get a room checked." I said, slightly stumbling over my words as I used one hand to continually check House's pulse.

"But why-" he began to protest. I started to cry.

"Chase please. Grab Foreman and whoever else I told you to and sprint up here." I said in between sobs. He noticed the urgency and hung up the phone. I was impressed how fast it was. In about 3 minutes everyone was up here.

"Oh my god (Y/n) what happened?" Chase exclaimed as he saw the blood trail on the floor, leading to House's head. I looked up to see Chase, Foreman, Cuddy, Kutner, Wilson, and Thirteen all standing there.

"Does it fucking matter what happened? Please get him up and get him to a hospital bed. I'll check him, Wilson please help me." I said. Wilson nodded and Thirteen ran to find an open hospital room.

"236!" I heard Thirteen yell. Chase, Foreman, Kutner, and Wilson all grabbed House and ran him down the hall, placing him down gently on the bed. Cuddy and I followed close behind, sharing worried looks. Wilson and I got out gloves on and sponged up most of the blood.

"Skull Fracture." I said.

"That's not the only thing wrong with his brain." Wilson replied. I agreed and scheduled a Psych consultation for House in the morning.

(8 Hours Later)

I hadn't left House's side or gone home since he's been here. It's about 8:00 am and he should be up soon, and finally explain how he could be so stupid. Just then, a pair of baby blue eyes fluttered open.

"Gregory House what the ACTUAL FUCK were you thinking?" I said in a wild tone. He looked at me with sad eyes, and I at once softened.

"I called you up to tell you something, and I thought you weren't coming so I was going to jump." House said. I looked at him concerned.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked, sitting down next to him on the hospital bed.  He propped himself up and leaned into me. He put his hand on my cheek and kissed me softly. I thought this was a dream come true. My crush for over 3 years was actually kissing me. It took me about .1 seconds to kiss back, putting my hand around his neck and pulling him in closer.

"Ahem, I was just coming in for his Psych Consult, but I can come back later if you too want." Some psychologist said as they walked into the room. I blushed and pulled away.

"You know what I wanted to say? I love you y/n, I have for awhile. Listen, I'm the most screwed up person in the world, and I just want you to know that I really do love you with all my heart." House said, stating into my (e/c) eyes.

"Greg, I love you too. Couldn't you tell over the past 3 years? I know your screwed up, and I wish you weren't. Not because of the person it made you or for my own personal reasons, but because you deserve happiness and not misery." I said to him.

"You're my happiness, (y/n)." House said back, smiling. This time I leaned in to kiss him, and we were committed to each other for the rest of time.

Just know it always gets better. I can hear Greg telling our 4 year old daughter a story in silly voices, and ever since that day I knew that life always gets better tenfold. Mine sure has.

A/N: Romantic House is my favorite thing ever. Okay I know I said that I would do Chase next but like Wilson and House are my favorites and I still have some pretty good oneshots for Wilson so yeah. Hope you enjoyed! ~ Jocelyn