18. Helm of Awe

"'Tis the season to be jolly! Fa la la la la-"

"Tori, really? That song?" Cisco judges her.

"Cisco, I do not need your negativity in my life" Tori sasses back as she strung a piece of gold garland by the doorway and Barry walks in with a thermos.

"Hey, Tori. Merry Christmas Eve" he smiles at her and she smiles back.

Within a few weeks, the team working with the Arrow for a little bit down in Starling, Barry shook off the negative feeling Oliver gave him about getting Tori to be his girlfriend and decided to live his own life because next door, it's a free goddamn country. So, close enough.

"Hey, Bare. What do you bring on this fine December evening?" She says as she walks with him to the center of the cortex.

He begins passing presents to the crew, skipping Tori.

Cisco shakes the box next to his ear, trying to guess what he got.

"Just a small token of my gratitude" he smiles at everyone.

"Aw cute" Tori says,"too bad I'm not one of those people" she whispers, pretending to be angry.

"For everything you guys have done for me this year" he claps his hand together, giving Tori a look, but smiling still.

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you've been a gift for us, Barry" Caitlin says to him.

"I mean I guess" Tori mumbles to herself.

"What's that?" Cisco asks, pointing to the canteen in Barry's hand.

"This is compliments of Iris. Grandma Esther's famous eggnog" Barry says, opening it.

"God bless!" Tori cheers before going to grab some cups and Barry passes around cups full of eggnog.

He begins to hand one to Dr. Wells but he declines.

"Maybe later for me. Wouldn't want to drink and drive" Dr. Wells says before wheeling himself out and down the hall.

Tori frowns before grabbing the cup meant for Dr. Wells and taking a sip of the eggnog, her own cup in her other hand.

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry asks.

"No, man" Cisco says after chugging his cup of eggnog,"He, um-this used to be his favorite time of year, but the accident happened before Christmas, so, kind of ruined the holidays"

"I'm gonna go get him a present. Maybe that'll cheer him up" Caitlin speaks up, taking a sip from her cup.

"Speaking of presents. Tori, follow me" Barry says while placing her cups on the counter and instead grabs her and runs her into a separate room a few floors up.

"That was very unnecessary of you, Mr. Flash"

"I wanted to give you your early present in private" he tells her while pulling out a box and handing it to her.

"Oh, shucks! You- you did not have to get me anything" she says in a western accent and he laughs.

"Shut up and open it" he says, chuckling and she laughs before untying the ribbon.

She neatly unfolds the paper revealing a dark purple box.

She opens it and finds a necklace and bracelet.