So on I'll scream, and on I'll scream

So many choices,
Screamed by the voices.
People shouting for the dead
And screaming 'off with his head'.

I know my mind as well as you,
So let's see all you can do.
You seem to have this power,
So please help me in my darkest hour.

They watch me,
That's plain to see,
But I know I'm not the same.
It's all my fault, I'm the one to blame.

It'd be so, so easy to just let go,
But we made a promise, you know.
So on I'll scream
And on I'll scream.

.......

"Goddamit! Where the hell did that brat go? He was supposed to go through here!" A starved ghoul walked the alleys of the ward. He had just lost the meal he had been chasing, and still couldn't find the little shit. "Fuck!! I'm starved!"

He walked down the alleyway, smacking the wall when he still couldn't find the little shit who was to be his dinner. It was all fucking Rize's fault. The stupid Binge Eater had to make everywhere her territory, never mind the weaker ghouls who wanted to eat too (not that he was admitting he was weak). The fucking bitch. Even if she wasn't hunting as often, she still made it fucking hard to eat.

An older man began to shuffle out in front of him. He was stick thin and old, but he would do. Any human would really do at the moment, but the older man was a more preferable candidate for consumption. Activating his kakugan, the ghoul jumped and launched himself at the man.

Click

The ghoul was quickly cut in half, hands flying as his torso was separated. "Gah!!"

"My my, you were eager to leap into the fire. That was rather easy.

"Did you know that in Article 12, Clause 1 of the Anti-Ghoul Act, it states that 'A species, against which special precautions should be taken, known as ghouls are distinct in that it is confirmed that they can produce kakugan and kagune.' Same article, Clause 2, 'In relation to the target distinguished as ghouls-'"

"Do-don't tell me... It can't be... You're jo-joking r-right?! How d-did I-I miss the briefcase?!"

"'There are no laws which protect those individuals.'" Screams filled the now silent streets.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, sir. The information about that ghoul I got from the CCG...

"... Err, what happened here? All this?" He said after staring at the dismembered body that lay in front of his superior.

"Well, I was attacked by a rather foolish ghoul. Thought he could eat me."

"Is that so? Of all things, to think he'd aim for you."

"The weak little bastard fell right into my spider's web."

"What an extremely foolish ghoul. Isn't that right, Mado-san?"

"Indeed, Amon-kun."

It wasn't until they had packaged the body that Amon spoke again. "We'll first need to go to the Branch Office in the 20th Ward."

"That's true, there's also some information we need to hear from the Branch Director."

Amon began to glance around. It felt like they were being watched, and definitely not in a good way. 'Where the hell are they? The roof?' He looked up at the roof of a building facing them. Nothing was there, they must have gotten away.

"What's wrong, Amon-kun?"

"Nothing really, sir. I just felt like we were being watched. That's all."