[Chapter 12] Porridge & Support

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" Roxas asked, standing up. He looked to Axel who only shook his head. 

"Nothing," Zexion cut in. "[Name], get some rest." Her eyes flashed to Lexicon who morphed into a cuddly kitten under the cover of black smoke. The kitten stared at you with large blue eyes, meowing softly. She unconsciously began to pet it and frowned at Zexion. 

"Fine," she frowned, giving a fake yawn. "I get the bribe." [Name] closed the other curtain facing them and laid back down. Stroking the kitten's fur, she waited for the conversing to begin ignoring the drowsy feeling. 

"[Name]," Zexion's voice warned. "Rest." She rolled her eyes, settling back down and shutting her eyes. Zexion was beginning to remind her of a babysitter rather than a mentor. There was a few minutes of silence and the noise of dishes clattering before anyone spoke.

"Why don't we just go outside for this talk?" she heard Roxas sighed. 

"We can't risk anyone listening in," Demyx answered, dropping his volume. "We can't move [Name] in her current state so we just have to whisper." 

"So, what happened after I left that has you guys so rattled?" Roxas continued, speaking a little louder than usual.

"Come on, Roxas," Axel chuckled sadly. 

"We're not in the mood to deal with your attitude," Zexion stressed. [Name] wanted to see their faces to see what was causing the tense mood. Lexicon seemed to react to it's master's emotions as it began to hiss. 

"Chill out, Zex," Demyx's footsteps approached closer. "You'll wake [Name] up." [Name] snapped her eyes closed and tried to look relaxed. Lexicon squirmed near her as the curtain slid open a bit. She felt Demyx scoop Lexicon away, a pat on the head, and the curtains close. [Name] kept her eyes closed as she continued to listen. 

"Maleficent appeared," Axel began. "She got a hold of Leon's necklace and started to taunt Sora." Roxas muttered under his breath that she could only guess was a string of cussing. 

"She also informed us of a rat in the castle and showed interest in [Name]'s power," Zexion continued, her ears perked up at the sound of her name. "We've figured out it has to do with mirrors considering what I've observed." 

"So, you saw it to?" Demyx asked, sounding a bit surprised.

"When I was teaching her blocking techniques and some hand-to-hand yesterday, I discovered that she learned rather quickly," Zexion explained. "She could copy whatever I taught her the first time through and she seemed to remember them in actual combat." 

"Guess it makes sense," Axel murmured. "Like how Alice went through the looking glass to Wonderland. She entered this world the same way Princess Alice did."

"I feel like I don't understand that reference," Zexion turned to him. "Anyways, Sora's bringing his most trusted here tomorrow to discuss what to do next in regards to the traitor."

"I'll go see him later to check up on him," Roxas sighed. "Who knows how hard the threat hit Sora." 

[Name] tried to piece together the information she had learned. Sora was the prince so whoever Leon was must be family and probably the king of this place. Maleficent sounded like bad news but what Zexion said about her power made sense. She didn't think that learning to fight would be easy but she had found it was because of her power. It also explained why her hand went into the mirror and how the dome reflected attacks. 

"What do we do with [Name] tomorrow?" Demyx cut in. 

Roxas responded, "I don't see the problem with her meeting everyone. They won't say a word."