Part 4: The Hospital

Ben Narrates

After a while, they let me go into (Y/N)'s room and I do it in silence. I move my feet like if I'm wearing metal boots, taking care of all my steps. I move my head trying to see her better and then I'm close to her bed. I touch the white sheet and my hand shakes a little. I'm nervous. I see a white armchair near the bed and I slowly move it closer to the bed. Seems uncomfortable but it's better than a chair. I sit on it and I hold her hand again.

She seems deeply asleep, seems like if she's not suffering now. I'm happy if she's not feeling bad. I try to talk to her with sincere words.

-Hi again... I sincerely hope this is not so severe... Well I don't think so, the doctor said all went better than they thought. You're in danger for me and I don't know your name... Flattered. Okay, can I see your hospital bracelet? So we'll know each other's names and we can talk more comfortably, right?

-I looked to her bracelet and I smiled-.

-Nice to meet you Paula; Paula Harrison, you have a really nice name, you know! I just don't have words to apologize, I'm so sorry you're now here, you were probably going to spend a funny night with your friend - I hear steps and I look to the door- oh see... Here she comes!

Inés narrates

I open the door slowly and I go into the 197 room where Paula's been attended. There's Benedict sitting near her holding her hand, such a handsome man...!

-Hi... Can I come?

-Of course, hey, did you find the appartment?

-Yeah I did, I left there the suitcases, I brought some important things and I came nearly running... How is she?

-The doctor said she's quite fine, according to them it was easier than seemed!

-That's good, oh my god, I cried all the way to home because I was really worried, all this is only my fault...

-Now it's all okay -he hugged me- I'll be here waiting for when she wakes up.

-Are you sure? I mean, you're probably quite busy...

-The most important thing to do now for me is taking care of Paula, she deserves it, because you know, she's one of my cumberbabes

-How sweet you are... Thank you so much!

-You're most welcome, I'm going to buy a coffee -he kisses Paula's cheek- do you want another one?

-Yeah, that will be nice, thanks again -I said with a surprised smile being impressed  for that kiss-.

-Nothing -he also smiled and closed the door slowly-.

-Hey Paula, a pity you didn't feel that, Ben has just kissed your cheek, you should wake up soon dear, can you promise that to me? -I said with a new tear in my eye- I'm so sorry...

Suddenly she started to open her eyes, she smiles softly and tries to talk after caughing a little.

-Hi, Inés...

Paula narrates

-Hi, Paula, oh at last you wake up, how are you dear? -holded my hands and I got surprised because she never did it before-.

-I'm fine -I smiled- I think so haha, but... I don't remember what happened...

-What? We met someone

-Oh yeah, yeah I remember that, we met Benedict Cumberbatch and we took some photos but I don't remember the rest after that... What happened to my stomach?

-Oh god... You don't remember the way into the ambulance?

-No... I don't think so, haha, again, what happened?

-But Paula, Benedict went with you while I was leaving the suitcases at home!

-Really??

-Really, he's just gone to buy some coffee, he's still here, said he wanted to see you waking up being okay, and he went out the room before -she smiled misteriously looking at the window-

-What? I know that smile! Come on what happened? -I laughed-

-He kissed you before going out the room -I got in shock- in your cheek

-You made my heart jump! Little rascal! Don't do that!

She laughed hardly before I saw Ben coming into my room.

-Oh hi Paula! You've finally woken up! How are you? -said he giving a coffee to Inés-

-I'm fine, thanks! I'm feeling surprisingly fine -I laughed-

-That's nice! I've just met the doctor out the room and he said me you can go home tomorrow morning, you also have to rest a pair of weeks but it's all okay.

-Oh I'm glad to hear that! Really excited to see our home -I looked to Inés and she did it aswell- What time is it? -I asked curiously-.

-Now it's 20:30, they're about to give you the dinner I think -said Ben smiling-

As he said, they soon gave me the dinner and I sincerely ate it fast because I was starving.

Inés narrates
We talked together for an hour and a half and Paula wanted to sleep, because she felt tired so we turned off the light.
We had the luck of being alone in the room so the other bed was empty and Ben insisted me to sleep there more comfortably.
I finally accepted and I saw how Ben sat in the armchair and reposed his arms on Paula's bed holding her hand and also his head onto his right arm trying to sleep.
I found that scene extremely cute, and with a smile, I fell asleep.

--------------------------------------
Ben Narrates
The next day when Paula woke up and they told us to go home, we took our bags and brought them with us.

Inés went to buy something at the pharmacy and told me to help Paula go upstairs, and I did it without any doubt.
I took her in my arms and I started to go upstairs
-Oh! Ben that wasn't necessary... Thanks my favourite high-functioning sociopath -I smiled her wand she looked into my eyes smiling too-
-Just wanted to do it -I replied-

We arrived to the door and I opened it before taking her into my arms again and to a dark grey sofa that was in the living room.

I tripped with the carpet and we both fell to the sofa, I fell over her supporting me for avoid hurting her.
We laughed together and stayed some minutes looking each other's eyes when Inés appeared.

-Oh sorry, sorry, I didn't want to disturb you, I'll just wait on the stairs! -she said smiling and opening to the door-.

-Oh no! Haha you can stay here! We just tripped with the carpet and fell here -she said laughing-.
-Haha it's okay -answered Inés and came to Paula- Are you fine? -said to her-.
-Yes, yes I am, I'm just with the stomach's pain... Thank you -said Paula giving her a hug-.

Suddenly, the door bell rang.

Paula Narrates
The door bell rang and Inés went to open the door. She returned fast, and a man with her.
They arrived to the living room and he caressed her cheeks and lips before kissing her passionately.

I didn't expect that and I became like: For God's sake! Who's he?????

-----------------------------------

Hey there! Hope you liked the chapter! I'll write the next one soon!😍 Leave here a comment so I can read what u think❤️
Please vote and comment!👏🏻

Paula (WeareCumberbabes)