Tell Me That You Love Me

Start from the beginning

"Elliot!" I barked and frowned my helpless pencil broken in half. He pretended to be shocked. "What ever did I do?" He said.

I glared at him. "I know what I'm going to do to you if you don't buy me a new pencil."

He rolled his eyes but continued to smile. "Really Purple? You're that upset over one pencil?"

I huffed and stood up. "Its not about the pencil its the moral concept. Plus it's street smarts, you break it you buy it." I said sternly although I don't think I looked forceful enough while trying to hold my laughter.

There was a knock on the door and Sherry emerged. "Phone for you Violet." She said sweetly her blue eyes drifting on Elliot.

A deep blush formed on her face. Now I'm certain she didn't have a crush on Elliot but for some reason that was some girl's natural reaction. Since I can remember Sherry has always done that. I ask Elliot often to turn whatever switch he has off but he just waves me away. "It's a natural thing and its hard to turn it off. Never change a good thing." He'd say.

"Who is it?" I ask walking towards her. "Hey Sherry." Elliot says standing up and walking towards her too. "H-hey Elliot." She stutters slightly. Elliot envelopes her in a big hug and picks her up spinning her a little. She giggles and hugs him just as tight her blush getting more and more noticeable.

I coughed and they both stopped. "As much as I love to see this on a hallmark card I do believe I asked my little sister a question." Sherry coughed and averted her gaze to me. "Right, sorry. It's a guy named Sean. When I asked who he was he said your soulmate."

I smiled and shook my head. Such a dramatic person that boy was.

Blame the amount of love books I have read or the romance movies I have seen but I half expected Ellliot's face to be upset or hurt. It just seemed like the typical thing to happen ya know? But I was wrong. Instead after Sherry handed me the phone he started asking about her life without a certain glance or a huffed up grunt. I guess I need to chill on the romance movies I'm expecting far too much.

"Hello?" I said into the reciever. I turned the corner and walked into the office in the house. It was my favorite place of the house besides my room. It was so nice in here.

"Hey Violet, long time no talk." His voice was smooth but I could tell he was happy to hear my voice. Always a good sign from a guy.

"Hey Soulmate, it really has been a long time." I teased. He laughed and it made my chest flutter. It was such a nice sound and it wasn't just a hearty laugh like Elliot's. It was tender and sweet. Okay, I really need to stop with the romance.

"I needed something that would help jog your memory of me. Who knows how many Sean's you know in this town."

I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "Of course not. You only have one soulmate you know. What's up?"

"I just was wondering when I'd see you again." He said seriously. I smiled.

"That depends on when youre going to ask me next?"

"Sure of ourselves are we?" He said and I could tell he was smiling too. I thought of Elliot and his on going cockiness. "You learn from the people around you." I said honestly.

"Very true. How about tomorrow night around eight?" He asked. I thought about it. My parents were leaving tomorrow morning and I wanted to have a party but I guess I could push it to Saturday night. That works good because if the date is really good we can have a second date at the party but if it's bad the party can hopefully lift my spirits. Something told me it definitely was not the latter.

"Sounds good to me. What will we be doing?" I ask. It depends on the clothing. I can't go to a fancy dinner dressed how I would if we were going out dancing. I'm pretty sure every girl loves being the center of attention but I don't want that kind of attention.

"Oh, Violet. I know you don't know me well but I'll tell you a little thing about myself. I don't like spoiling surprises." He said. I scoffed. "So I can just go to the where ever we're going naked?" I covered my mouth quickly but the words already left. I can't believe I just said that.

"I have no problem whatsoever with you coming naked." He said his voice deepening slightly and it caused me to shiver. A good kind of shiver though, the one that makes you're body warm. I laughed nervously at the phone.

"I'm going to get off the phone before I say something else stupid." I muttered low. He laughed again. "Don't worry about it, it was cute. I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow Violet. Farewell, fair cruelty." He whispered the last bit and my chest fluttered again. That was from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night one of my favorites.  This boy was impressing me more and more.

"See you soon. Bye Sean." I replied breathlessly and then I hung up the phone and put it on the desk. I started walking back to my room with a goofy smile on my face. Sherry had left and Elliot was left alone in my room laying on my bed staring at the window on my ceiling. "Bored are we?" I said running towards him and flopping on the bed beside him.

"Nah, just thinking is all." He said softly. "About what?" I ask. "Just everything I guess. Isn't it funny how we knew each other forever, dated, and now are friends with benefits?" He said. I nodded. It was an ironic kind of funny. "Yeah, from calling me purple to having sex. I think I jumped a few chapters but you get the point." I said.

He laughed a little but not fully like he usually does. "I just feel like things are moving fast and I'm losing track of time ya know?" I nodded even though I didn't. I got the part of moving too fast but losing track of time? We were only seventeen. We had the whole world ahead of us.

I let my hand drop by my side. "Scarlett has Wren and that relationship is going to stay that way forever. They both want to do the same thing and they are both going to same college. Lena has won plenty of awards for her discovery and she's well on her way. You.." He trailed off and sighed.

"What about me?"

"You have been in way too many plays to count. Every audition you've done outside of school you've nailed and you've got people emailing and calling you on a daily basis. It's only minute now before you go and find that perfect job. I feel like I'm going to stay the same." He said.

I don't know what to say. I mean what could I? He was right about all the things he said about us except for himself. He was a great photographer and the sooner he got that the better. "You're great at what you do Elliot. You are going places with your pictures. You just got an award and your work is being held at a art show. You are definitely going places." I said confidently.

I felt his hand grabbed mine and he squeezed. "Thanks Purple." He said giving me a sexy half smile. I nodded and looked back at the night sky.

I hope Elliot can find his way. I don't know who exactly I'm praying too but I hope someone can hear me.