"That was literally the cutest fucking thing."

"T-Thanks," Calum stuttered and I felt the need to grab his hand and squeeze it but I knew he wasn't ready. And I wasn't one to rush people into things, despite wanting it.

-

"Where are we going?" Calum pursed excitedly as he held his duffle bag in his lap and stared out of the open window. It was nice watching the breeze make his hair fly in front of his face and all over the place. I loved it.

"Somewhere only we know," I replied, face palming again because my mind must always be on the thought of song lyrics. I'm not entirely sure, though.

"That's not a real answer."

"My real answer is it's a surprise."

Calum frowned, and then I frowned because I always want to see him smile. As I've said or thought before, nothing in this world is as precious as Calum Hood's smile. And a frown on his face is just. . . painful.

I watched him as he glanced out the window and reached his arm out until it became uncomfortable. He started swerving his hand in motion, like a dolphin exploring the waves of the ocean and it was adorable. It was adorable seeing him enjoying a rather long car ride, with quiet music playing in the background. Quiet love songs that reminded me of him but I was far too afraid to admit that because I didn't want him to know how he makes me feel inside. I'm supposed to be punk rock, but he makes me show my soft side and it sucks.

"I'm going to close my eyes. Wake me up when we get there."

And yeah, watching Calum's eyes slowly close was adorable to me. And the way his eyelashes fluttered and his lips smacked together slightly was insanely perfect to me. I wanted to make him mine right then and there but I couldn't.

-

"Calum, baby, angel, wake up sweetheart," I cooed as I shook Calum's shoulder lightly. I may have accidentally let the couple nickname slip out of my mouth but I couldn't help it. It was times like these where I saw him as my boyfriend and I felt the need to be his guardian angel; to protect him and remind him that he's beautiful at all costs. Especially when he fails to believe that he is a wonderful human being.

"What?" Calum said quietly as he sat up from the elevated passenger seat. He then wiped his eyes with his knuckles and his sleepy expression was the reason I died inside. He made me want to squeal in the manliest way possible.

"We're here."

Calum looked through the windshield in confusion before unbuckling his seatbelt and stepping out of the truck we've been sitting in for the past three hours. He then watched me step out from the drivers seat to lock the car and he walked towards me with an amused expression on his face. That is what I was aiming for at least.

"It's - it's beautiful."

"Like you?"

"You always do that."

"Do what?"

"You'll say that whenever I say something is beautiful and it catches me off guard, Mikey."

I smiled softly while pulling him closer towards me. The height difference wasn't all that bad, since I was taller than him by a couple of inches, which made it easier for him to nuzzle his head into my neck while I let my heartbeat settle the hell down from beating so unbelievably fast.

"Isn't the view just breathtaking though?"