"It was El's but I'm taking half the credit because if I didn't give the simplistic suggestion, bike, she wouldn't ave went through that thought path." Benji grinned.

"We sat for a good half an hour trying to figure out words that had o and d in 'em. Benji was up a tree keeping his letter and you must've been hiding somewhere real good cause we didn't hear from ya until Benji got tired and came down!"

A blush crept onto my cheeks but I kept them covered and avoided eye contact, especially with Van. "Hunt must jus' be my game."

The lads started discussing their gig and I could tell how much they loved preforming. Van had told me a while back bits and pieces about the band like the name, how it came around and the support they got from different radio stations. If I was them I would've been pretty chuffed with the amount they've already achieved, but Van wanted more. Not in a greedy way, just in an ambitious way.

You could see it when he spoke, they all wanted to succeed in music and have gigs everywhere, Van was also no stranger in admitting his ultimate goal of being a stadium band.

"Alright." Bondy clapped his hands after parking up outside Vans house. "Funny that, the pair of you literally live across the road. Bob did too before he moved house, obviously."

I said my goodbyes before grabbing my bags and jumping out of the van. My house looked somewhat empty which confused me slightly, my mam couldn't have gone out.

"Do you have a key?" Van asked from beside me, noticing the lack of life in my house.

"Yeah."

Just as I was about to say goodbye to Van, he grabbed my hand and looked me in the eye.

"Look El, I know we needa talk. I was jus' overthinking this gig tomorrow and us."

"I like you a lot, as a friend and more. But the thing is I've always jumped into relationships and have reason to believe I move to fast. Plus I don't wanna be a dick and ask you out without taking you on a date first." He rambled, winking at his last words.

"I understand Van." I chuckled.

"So what do ya say? About a date?"

The grin covering his face was prominent but nerves were also evident through the way he brushed his palms on his jeans and bounced his knee.

"Name a time and a place." I smirked.

He seemed to relax a lot more after I agreed to a date. Honestly, I thought it was pretty adorable. Nowadays people just meet and are suddenly together, Van seemed to want things to work and I defiantly did too.

"It's a surprise El! I'll text you some details later." Van beamed.

"Fin-"

I was interrupted by the sound of an incoming message on my phone. Thinking nothing of it, I opened it up in front of Van.

From: Mum
Sent: 13:07
Don't go into the house Eleanor. It's a right state, Kyle came yesterday and wrecked the place. I got a little hurt so I'm jus in A&E, can u stay somewhere until I get back? Wnt b long. xx