"Drake," she whispered.

"Ames, hi," Drake stammered.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm eating dinner with a friend."

"A friend? A date?" she couldn't help but ask.

"Um..."

Just then the women's restroom opened and her former friend Lisa stepped out, looking like a deer caught in the headlights, her eyes roving from Drake to Ondine and back again.

"Hi, Ames," Lisa said confidently.

"Wow, so I guess this is serious now," Ondine stated, pointing to the two people standing in front of her.

"Um..."

"You know what, Drake? Just shut it. Shut up. I don't wanna know. I'm sorry I even mentioned it."

"Ames?" Jared's voice cut through the tension as he stepped out of the men's room and into the hallway.

"Oh, Jay, hey."

"Are you okay?" he touched her hair, swinging his arm to protectively drape over her shoulder.

"Yup, I'm good," she choked out.

"Ames? Who's this?" Drake questioned.

"None of your business."

"Jared," Jared stated, but didn't offer his hand for a handshake.

"Is he your new boyfriend?" Lisa asked.

"You don't get to ask me that, you fuc..."

"Ames, relax, babe," Jared rubbed Ondine's arm up and down, stopping the curse words ready to come out of her lips.

"Honestly, I don't see why you're still so upset and treat us like crap when you've got this new man yourself!" Lisa huffed. "Move on, Ames. You're starting to look pathetic. Bitterness doesn't suit you," she continued condescendingly.

"You know what, tramp?! Don't you dare tell me how or how not to treat you lying sacks of crap. Don't you dare even compare me to you! You slept with my boyfriend while we were still together! On numerous occasions! Do you get it?! There was no moving on to a new guy for you, you were moving in on my man!" Jared felt Ondine shake with anger, her muscles tensing up.

"Babe..." Jared tried to calm her down.

"And you two look so cozy, acting all boyfriend and girlfriend-y already, going out on precious little dates! You make me sick! Remember this, he cheated on me, he'll cheat on you!"

"Babe..."

"What? Am I embarrassing you?! Am I talking too loudly?" Ondine eyed Jared.

"No, but you need to calm down."

"Well, guess what, Jay? Don't you even start on me. Don't tell me to calm down. You're not my boyfriend. You're just some guy I screw whenever we find ourselves in the same city!" She broke away from his hold, his face looked like she slapped him, even if she hadn't. "I need some air."

Ondine pushed past Drake and Lisa and out the side door to the patio area. She squatted underneath the lamp post by the wall and covered her face with her hands. Jared followed her out and let her cry for a minute, sending Ben a text that he was taking Ondine home; that he ran into her outside the rest room and that she'd had too much to drink. Ben was worried, naturally, but Jared said he would drive her, he's had the least amount to drink, and that they were already in the parking lot. He told Ben that he would just have Ondine call him in the morning.