~ Epilogue ~

Bokuto snapped awake.

"Oh.. It was just a nightmare.."

Glancing at the clock, he had only slept for seven minutes.

    Akaashi.

    "Keiiiijiiiiii." He rolled to face the other side of the bed, hoping to see that familiarly tangled dark raven hair, only to find that it was cold and empty.

Upon realizing the absence for the eighth time that month, he grabbed his phone and opened up to the missed calls section. From there, he played out each and every single one of the 73 calls he'd missed from Akaashi. Bokuto listened as they started out mildly, but soon escalated, with the last 20 or so growing increasingly frantic. Keiji's voice sounded so fragile, so easily broken.

    Koutarou's pupils dilated and he exhaled shakily, clutching a pillow tightly between his trembling arms. This wasn't much, but it was all he had left of the hazel-eyed raven hair aside from the letter he kept locked away in his desk. The replaying had also become a kind of coping mechanism in the middle of sleepless nights. Which came often. Small wet tears appeared in his already watery golden-brown eyes, and rolled down his cheeks.

It wasn't a dream.

     Akaashi really was gone.

     And it was Bokuto's own fault that he would never be coming back.