5

Monday, walking into school, everyone was staring at them.

They were holding hands and kissing each other, and everyone was in awe that a football player would date a choir nerd like Mitch.

But Mitch was Scott's everything and he loved showing everyone exactly that.

Mitch held his head low while they walked into the cafeteria, trying to be invisible.

But he was still everyone's target.

Jake bumped into him 'accidentally' spilling his hot coffee all over Mitch.

"Watch out fag". Jake said loudly causing the whole cafeteria to look over at them.

"Hey, you watch out asshole". Scott said pushing Jake away from Mitch.

"What are you gonna do about it... Fagot". Jake said angering Scott, and as soon as Scott was about to throw a punch Kirstie stepped in his way.

"Hey". She said. "Knock it off".

"Yeah knock it off". Jake said.

"I was talking to you, Jake". Kirstie replied back.

Scott turned to find Mitch but he was gone, Scott knew exactly where he went though.

So he took off running to the bathroom, in hopes of finding his hurt boyfriend.

Kirstie followed him, concerned for her best friend.

Scott told Kirstie to guard the door and ran inside the bathroom and searched for Mitch until he found him in the corner of the bathroom with his knees to his chest and his head in between his legs.

Scott ran up to him and sat on the ground pulling the smaller boy on top of him, pulling him into his chest.

"Shh, don't cry". Scott said soothingly. "It's okay".

When Mitch continued to cry Scott began to sing to him, trying to calm him down.

I'll run.

I'll run.

I'll run, run to you.

I'll run.

I'll run.

I'll run, run to you.

Mitch stopped crying and pulled away to look at Scott.

"Your a really good singer". He said.

"Please your way better than I am".

Mitch looked down with a blush.

Scott shook his head. "Oh don't pretend that I haven't heard you sing before, your amazing" Scott said.

Mitch smiled. "Thank you".

Scott returned the smile. "Of course. Not let's clean you off and go back to the cafeteria".

Mitch nodded and stood up, letting Scott stand as well.

"Thank you". Mitch said.

Scott smiled and took Mitch hands in his own. "How many times do I have to tell you that-".

"You'll protect me". Mitch said interrupting. "I know".

Scott's smile grew as he leaned in to kiss Mitch. "Good".