"Let's go." Pepper said dragging me away from the stall.

She showed me this amazing place where they sell different sporty stuff. I felt like I died and went to skateboard heaven.

I picked up this really cool one with white wheels and a black base and neon colored flame decals.

"How much is this stuff?" I asked Pepper.

"Mostly gold coins. They range from 50 to a thousand." She said fingering this skater skirt.

I checked the price tag on this one. 100 gold coins?! I can't anywhere near the money for this!!! Geez, only rich people can afford this stuff.

"Hey that... that's my board!" A guy shouted.

He was big, mean, his muscles were big, his skin was a clammy gray and he had dark black hair, a scar ran across his left eye and he had no right eyebrow. He wasn't wearing a shirt, he only wore brown shorts and dark blue sneakers.

"I was only checking it out! Second, it wasn't even paid for!" I retorted pointing at him, other hand on my hip to look brave.

"I don't listen to little ol' meddling, midget, twerps." He said.

"Aw... Trying to insult me? You really are such an idiot. This doesn't say it was even reserved!" I said.

"You wanna fight?" He told me.

"Fine. Fight me."

"Later, at the docks, 8:00 PM." He told me. "I'll pay for it now, the winner gets the board."

"Fine with me." I said. "If you're not afraid to lose."

We walked away he paid for it and left it in the shop.

"You're really gonna fight that ugly weirdo? He might crush you to bits!" Pepper said.

"It won't matter. I'm tired of being underestimated. I want some adventure right now." I told her.

"Well, let's finish the tour then I can drop you off at the docks when we're done."

***

I walked to the docks alone in the bright moonlight. The salty, seaside breeze blew past me. The gentle sound of the waves told me not to give up. I was ready to win. Or lose.

"So... You showed up after all." He told me. He was leaning against the wall smoking a cigar. He threw it at a barrel beside me.

"Let's get this over with." I told him. I took a weird but familiar stance to stand my ground. I don't know how this is familiar. As if I had fought before.

He charged forward, he didn't seem to have any magical power of some sort like Flaubert, Pepper, Sam and Tamsin.

He jumped and brought his fist down but I jumped out of the way.

He tried doing a side sweep but I kicked him in the face.

Blood trickled from down his nose. But he was smiling.

"You're one tough cookie." He said.

"But I'm not brittle." I told him shifting my feet in my defending stance.

I charged forward this time he was ready but was surprised when I jumped up and struck him behind his back and sweeped his feet.

He fell face flat on the floor. He spit out one of his teeth and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"I'm not as gentle as I look." I told him.

He charged forward at a great deal of speed. I truck a barrel and hurt my side. I stood up. Not ready to lose.