The Waterworks

Was he gone?...

I looked back... He was still there. Standing still smiling. Creeping me out.

I ran forward in fear. The only thing I feared. And found a series of waterfalls. I went across the bridge of the nearest one. The whole waterworks wasn't only plain old pipes, cement, and walkways. Everywhere there were, rivers, plants, waterfalls, jewels shining in the cave walls, and people.

I stroked a jewel the light it gave off was triggering something. It was strangely familiar...

The amulet I was wearing was was floating up and glowing.

"I must be imagining things..." I shook my head believing I was somewhat going crazy.

I walked forward and found another Whispering Willow.

"Hey, you ever wondered why I said I'd keep an out for her?" It said.

It reminded me of Sam. When he told me he'd keep an out for me before leaving.

Naw, couldn't be. He's not from around here.

He can teleport idiot.

Right.

I passed by another Willow. "She's nice..."

It must be a different conversation. Can't be.

Another willow. "I know that..."

Pepper maybe? Naw. Pepper can't teleport... Can she? She's headstrong alright. Sam teleported her?

"She's friendly..."

"I know that too..."

"She's sweet..."

"Yeah... Great at combat..."

"Great with puns..."

"Heck I know... Flipping. God... Heck I know it..."

Possibly Pepper.

"I like her..."

What... Naw... Can't be me. They never even said who they were.

"She needs to learn to give love... To fight..."

That can't be from the same conversation. The voice was more wavered and had a serieseries of echoes. The words rang in my head like a bell...

Give... Love... Fight... Oh my God... Flaubert... Right...

I ran again fearing him more. I stopped. A waterfall blocked my path. Rocks fell down and hot steam rose. I didn't know how to pass.

I am totally an idiot.

I waded straight in. My legs burned through my jeans making beads of sweat drip down my forehead. Rocks would fling past me every now and then. Some would make impact and scratch or bruise me. When I'd fall my hands would get scalded.