Chapter 2: Connections

Christa's body landed with a thud as someone pushed her off her bed.

"Get up and dressed all servants are required in the kitchen." A gruff voice spoke and was then followed by heavy footsteps. Christa groaned as her back, stiff with dried blood,ached.

"Lazy mutts." The man grumbled under his breath as he closed the door. Christa looked up to see a one shouldered dress hanging on the door. She looked out the small window and determined, by the position of the sun, that she had been sleeping for at least three hours. She breathed heavily as she stood and walked to the bathroom. Her stomach grumbled slightly. She took a rag and started to lightly pat the places of her injured back she could reach. She took a breath in through clenched teeth as she cleaned the wounds. She sighed as she turned around and look at the mirror over her shoulder. The majority of her back she couldn't reach. She glanced at the shower. She shook her head knowing it would be painful. She undressed the rest of the way and stepped into the shower. She grasped nobe of the shower. She debated on which would be less painful: slowly turning it on or just getting over with the pain. She bit her lip as she turned the rusted nobe. The pipes creaked until the water poured out of the shower head. Christa faced the faucet so the water had yet to meet her back. She turned quickly.

"Ahhh." She let out a cry as her back felt like it was on fire. Christa slowly rubbed what she could reach and watched as the blood flowed down the drain. The burning died down as she exited the shower and wrapped my back with gauze and bandages. She slipped into the dress and fixed her dirty blonde hair into a messy bun. She slipped on the black flats that had been placed with the dress and walked out the small room. She walked stiffly down the hall way to the kitchen. The large tile floored room was filled with servants dressed that same as Christa. Chattering about everything from the latest gossip to the crops in town. They stood in the room for a few minutes waiting and idley chatting. Until a voice rang over the rest.

"Attention! Everyone please listen. If your name is called step behind me." A woman with a neat platinum blonde bun said. She called name after name, including Christa, until a fairly big crowd had gathered behind her. She turned and addressed the servants she had called.

"You will be serving the royal guests." She spoke than turned to the others. " Mary, Grayson and Abby you will be serving our royal family. The rest of you will be serving the other guests. Grab the drinks and make your way to the mainhall. The guest will be arriving shortly."

Christa grabbed a tray assorted with all types of drinks anabolic and not alike. She entered the mainhall and waited for the guests. The guests started arriving and Christa stated to serve drinks. Once the remainder of the guests arrived they started dinner. Christa's stomach grumbled slightly as she picks up part of the main course. Once dinner finished the guests moved to the ballroom to talk and dance. As midnight approached the dancing died down until it was 11;59 and the countdown had begun.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

As the clock chimed twelve, Christa's nose was filled with the smell of pine that washed calmness over her a few seconds passed until Christa realized what was happening as the smell mixed with other scents.

No!! She cried in her head as her heart beat rapidly. She couldn't be mated to the prince she was just a servant. She immediately ran to exit the room.

*******

As the crowd shouted out the seconds remaining until midnight Charles' wolf shouted his protests in his mind.

"let me out! I will find her faster!"

"Calm yourself" Charles replied as he tapped his foot on the ground trying calm his own nerves.

4

3

2

1

The smell of roses filled his nose but was quickly mixed with the other scents that filled the room. His heart slammed against his chest as adrenaline pumped through him. For the lose of his mate's scent his wolf immediately took control shifting and searching every unmated girl near him. Growing frustrated quickly he lashed out on the guests.

His father Daniel looked as his son attacked guests. He sighed and closed his eyes briefly. He knew this would happen and had advised his soon to hold the party the day after his birthday to give him and his wolf time to stay calm. But of ouse to focused on finding his mate faster his son had immediately turned the idea down. King Daniel looked to his left at the guards standing there. He walked the few feet separating them.

"Restrain him and secure him in room. Sedate and cell him if need be." Daniel spoke softly to the men and watched as they slowly forced Charles out of the room where they would restrain him. He walked to the front of the room where his son had been standing moments ago.

"I apologize for the uproar. As you know a royal separated from his mate is not a good thing to have." He spoke trying to soften the mood, but failing as the crowd did not respond." since the being the prince's mate intales power I can not trust the word of any of you. All unmated females will stay here until we have determined you are not the prince's mate. Once the prince's mate is found all others will be dismissed. With that being said please make your way to the mainhall where we will find accommodations for you. If you are injured please notify one of the personnel and we will care for you." He finished his speach and excited the vast room imseach of his son.

******
The figure in the hall way watched as the servant ran out of the room moments after midnight.

Meaning one thing she is the prince's mate. The figure thought. She will pay for making this so much harder than it needed to be. It would be fun to break the weak pup though.

____________

Hey just like I said here is your weekly update.

Chapter questions:

Who is the figure in the hall?

Do you like third person POV?

Early update goal: 6 votes