i. aftermath

It was a three days since Troye kissed Connor. They hadn't talk since. Fortunately they don't see each other until lunch. Unfortunately for Connor, Troye was already at the table.

"Hey." Smiled Troye. "Avoiding my phone calls, Connie?"

Connor sat down in front of him, and shrugged. "Just thought you needed space. Rekindle your love for being alone in self pity."

Troye rolled his eyes. "Me? In self pity, of course not. Is it eating you inside yet?"

"Fuck off, Sivan." Said Connor, opening his backpack for his wallet. "He doesn't deserve this, you know. He's a great guy."

Troye leaned in, smirking. "Then why'd you kiss back?"

Connor stared at him, his cheeks burning the more Troye smirked at him. "It's over with. That's the end of-"

"End of what, lads?" Asked Matthew, sitting next to Troye. His kissed his cheek and smiled at Connor. "Hey why didn't you answer my text last night?"

Connor looked away from the couple, and took out his lunch money. "Hey Mat. I'll be right back."

He got up from his chair and walked to the lunch line. As he waited, he couldn't help but look back.

Troye was talking to Matthew, his arms moving all over the place. The usual way he talks. Connor smiled to himself and turned away.

"Hey mate." Said Dan, Phil waving behind him. "Heard you and Troye kissed."

Connor looked up at him, punching him in the stomach. "Shut up!"

Phil giggled. "I told him not to start with that, but he insisted. Hope you learned your listen!"

Dan frowned, rubbing his stomach. "I was kidding, sorta, not really. No need for physical violence."

They moved along. Connor grabbed the sandwich, juice and a water. "You're supposed to keep things from the dark room in the dark room."

"Sorry, chap. Forgive me." Said Dan, grabbing the last slice of cake. Phil pouted at him. "Don't give me that face, we can share."

Phil brightened up. "Yay, good. Good."

Connor sighed. "See you both after lunch, have to go face the music."

"What music?" Asked Phil, looking around. Both Dan and Connor stared at him. Phil blushed. "Don't. Say. Anything."

Dan rolled his eyes. "I'm dating an idiot, is it too late to change him?"

Phil pinched his arm. "Shut up, c'mon. I heard we can eat outside." They wave at Connor, and take hands before they exit the cafeteria.

Connor smiled at them, and went back to his table. "Took you long enough." Said Troye.

"Miss me already?" Bantered Connor. Troye took Connor's fruit and pouted.

"My heart longed for you to come back. Was just telling Sage how much I long for my husband to come back from war." Said Troye.

Matthew smiled, like he always did when Connor and Troye bantered. Connor looked up at Matthew, who picked at his salad.

He was a good guy. He didn't mind when Troye indirectly flirted with Connor, meaningless or not. He didn't care when Troye sat on Connor's lap when it Matthew's birthday.

Connor furrowed his eyebrows. Thinking of it now, Matthew didn't talk much whenever Connor was around. Only 'hi' and 'bye' when necessary.

##

"Matthew doesn't talk when I'm around." Said Connor, moaning as he felt Troye's tip brush against his entrance.

Troye lifted his head, Connor looking down at him. "What?" He said, chuckling.

Connor threaded his fingers through Troye's hair. Pushing his head back down to his dick. Troye hummed, slipping Connor's dick back into his mouth.

"When I'm around," Continued Connor. "He doesn't say anything. Don't you think it's weird."

Troye said something, mouth full. Connor pulled his head up. "Sorry what?" Asked Connor.

Troye used the back of his hand to wipe his mouth. "I said you're killing my mood, and yours. You're limp again."

Connor poked at his dick. "Damn, you're right. Sorry."

"It's fine, I have to go." Troye said, putting back on his boxers and pants. Connor sat up, playing with his fingers. "Matthew wanted to introduce me to his parents or whatever."

Connor nodded, looking up at him. "Are you nervous?" Troye scoffed, tucking in his shirt. "What?"

"Nothing." Said Troye, buttoning up his jeans. He looked up at Connor. "I always thought I would be when I started thinking about meeting someone I like parents."

Connor nodded. "So you are?"

Troye chuckled, shaking his head. "I have to go, Connie. See you tomorrow."

It was that night, he remembered how nervous Troye was meeting his parents.