2

I am the daughter of Thelma and Roger C. Gordon. A.K.A., the best parents a child could have. My mother made the best apple pie you'd ever have and my dad would never bring his work home with him. After hours were all for us,my mom and I. They were supportive... and kind.

      As you know, however, with any happy story is never a happy ending to follow. Kind of life's sick way of balancing it all out, I guess.

      It was a week after my thirteenth birthday when my uncle Jim told me they were gone... That my family was gone. A tragic car accident, he said without another word on the subject.

      I'm nineteen now and things aren't too bad anymore. Six years is an adequate amount of time to heal and in some ways I have, but I still miss them. Of course I do. They've missed so much and I'm a different person than they knew. I'm not the silly little girl who used to play superhero in their back yard anymore. Now, I'm a rookie detective with the GCPD, largely due to the inspiration and pushing of my uncle Jim Gordon, head detective, and in some ways, the father I needed. He's been a tough guardian but has pushed me to work and earn everything I have. There was definitely no coddling from him.

      I look up to him, still, and want to do what he does. Though sometimes, it's hard. If only I could do things differently... Off the record. Everything would get done much quicker.