"Yes, you did. I just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?"

"Because he's a tree. An extreme dumb one, to be exact.", Avril answered and Groot let out a disapproving sound.

"Don't look at me like that, you idiot."

She then turned back to Rocket who held his head in his paws, shaking it in distraught.

"Search."

"So bossy today."

Still, Rocket began searching again. His eyes roamed through the mass until he caught sight of a young man.

"Looks like we got one.", he stated, causing Avril to follow his gaze.

He stood with a woman with bright red skin and dark hair.

"He'll be on his own any second.", she added, squinting her eyes a little.

"They're saying goodb- uh, is she going to cry?"

The bounty hunter chuckled at that before turning serious again.

"Okay, humie, how bad does someone wanna' find you?"

He stopped a second and Ave arched her eyebrows.

"What is it?"

"40,000 units?", Rocket asked unbelievingly, before grinning.

"Guys, we're gonna' be rich."

Avril stoop up quickly, also smiling.

"He's heading to Broker." She began jogging. "I'll lead him to you."

Rocket nodded approvingly. "Let's get this started."
He turned to Groot and groaned. "Stop drinking this shit, you dumbass!"

Avril waited a few feet away from the building the man disappeared in. She heard Rocket and Groot bitching around through her earpiece and she had to hide the grin that appeared on her face at their bickering.

Further away, a woman approached, her skin green and her hair an electrifying red at the ends. The brunette furrowed her brows at her, trying to find out why she seemed so familiar.

Rocket voice helped her out: "That lil' bitch Gamora is here, watch out Ave."

"I will.", she muttered, frowning at the assassin.

A few minutes passed and nothing happened. Gamora just stood there, missing Avril every time her eyes roamed over in her direction and the brunette wondered, if she ignored her on purpose. Not that she had anything against it. It just seemed odd to her.

Eventually, Peter Quill appeared again.

"Hey, we had a deal, bro!", he yelled annoyed, due to the fact that he was thrown out by Broker.

Avril thought about approaching him, but then decided against it as Gamora began to speak.

"What happened?"

"This guy just backed out of a deal on me. If there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity.", he ranted, obviously not aware of the fact that a daughter of Thanos stood in front of him.

"Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord."

Noticing the look on Gamoras face, Avril finally began walking towards them, stopping next to Peter.

"You have the bearing of a man of ho-"

"Oh, shut it", the bounty hunter interrupted the two of them. "Kissing his ass won't get you anywhere."

She glanced at the man next to her, who looked at her bewildered.

"Who the hell are you?"

"The one that's going to save your ass.", she answered, smiling up at him, before looking at Gamora again.

If looks could kill, Avril would've been dead by now.

"I suggest you run this way.", the brunette continued, noticing the assassins change of stance. "If I were you, I'd run, quick."

But instead of following her instructions, he continued to stare at her.

Running out of patience, she shoved him into his chest, causing him stumble the slightest.

"Run!", she yelled and finally he took off, clutching the little silver ball in his hand. In the same moment Ave had to dodge an angry punch.

"Aww, you mad I snatched your prize?", she asked Gamora mockingly, instantly recognizing that mocking an angry assassin wasn't the best idea.

Blocking a painful kick with her arm, Avril backed away from the black haired until she felt the bridge railing in her back.

Not able to escape, she brought up her knee, hitting the assassin hard in the stomach, before jumping down the bridge and running to the direction Quill headed.

 First one is up, yayyyy
This one is a bit short (okay it's 900 words missing...), but the next one is going to be longer, I swear!
 Aaaaaaand, lovely Daisy Ridley is going to represent Avril in this story,
I'm a sucker for her omg.
I'd gladly appreciate any comment or vote!

-Laciie