welcome back dusker [part 1]

Start from the beginning

Jodie could feel Benny's eyes on her, but refused to look at him. He moved his arm a little closer to Jodie's and touched it, pulling it away immediately due to how cold her arm was.

He ripped out a piece of paper from his science book.
You're Olivia! He wrote down, passing it to her.

Jodie glanced at the note and pushed it away immediately, returning her attention to the teacher. "You're not Jodie!" Benny whispered to her. "You're Olivia! You're my girlfriend! And since when did you dress like that?"

Jodie's hand shot in the air. "Yes, Jodie?"
"I think I left my pencils at reception, can I go and get them?" Jodie asked; she sounded exactly like Olivia.

The teacher nodded. "Sure, but be quick, we're about to do an experiment with Chromatography-"
"Sounds exciting." She forced a smile before walking out.

Benny looked over to Ethan, who was sat at the next desk to his left, Rory was sat beside Ethan. "Hey, buddy." He whispered.

"What?" Ethan asked.
"That's Olivia!"
"What? The new girl?"

"I got dibs on her!" Rory chipped in.
"Dude, that's my girlfriend!" Benny hissed.

"No... that's Jodie!" Rory said in a duh voice.

"I'm telling you, that's Olivia, her arms are freezing, she's pale and I can also tell it's her because of her eyes!"

"Her eyes?" Ethan repeated.
Benny nodded. "Her eyes are a beautiful blue!"

"She has got very nice eyes." Rory agreed, smiling at the thought of her.
"If you say one more word about my girlfriend I will kill you... again!" Benny threatened.

The door then swung open and Jodie reappeared. She took her seat beside Benny.

"Okay, so, now we're all here, I'll hand out your equipment and you can get started." The teacher said.

***

"You know, you sound like Olivia, too." Benny told her as their teacher handed out their equipment.

Jodie ignored him. "You record what happens with the markings once I put the paper in the water." She said.

"Oh, come on, babe! I know it's you! Just admit it! I've spent weeks and weeks wondering where you are and waiting for you to return! I'm your boyfriend I should have a right to know whether it's you or not, which it is, by the way!" Benny said.

Jodie put the paper in the water. "How can you be so sure that I'm this Olivia girl you're talking about?"

"Your eyes." He said, feeling just a little lighter once he gazed at them. "When you made me watch Love Actually I complimented your eyes and you thought that I was only saying that to get out of watching the film, but I was telling the truth."

Jodie felt her cheeks heat up, so she returned her attention to the paper. "Ugh! You were meant to be taking down the results!" She groaned.

Benny ignored her. "Why aren't you talking to me? Have I done something?"

Jodie ignored him again and started to write something down. "Copy what I've put since you didn't bother to help, the blue marker has risen further than the red."

Benny sighed. "Fine, I'll leave you alone for the rest of this period. We have History 4th but I'm not sat with you, doesn't mean I won't be trying to get your attention."

***

Benny had never been so excited to get to History before.

Thankfully, Jodie would have no other choice but to sit next to Ethan, since it was the only empty seat. Benny was sat behind them.