He seemed to snap out of his thoughts as he looked over to you and answered.

"Ah, h- hai" His smooth voice said, with that adorable little stutter.

You giggled at his adorableness and let yourself lay down in the grass, shutting your eyes and taking a deep, relaxed breath, breathing in the sweet scent of the white flowers surrounding us.

You didn't know just for how long you laid on your back in the lush grass, but when you opened your eyes again the stars had just started to come out. You looked to your left where Kiku sat, looking up into the early night sky.

He looked so perfect, his smooth black hair flowing gently in the cool breeze. You couldn't help but to smile. Your chest began to feel warm and fuzzy. It always did when you were around Kiku.

Suddenly he moved his gaze from the stars to you, catching your own. Your cheeks heated up and you looked away for a bit. His cheeks flushed too.

You sat up after a while of silence, pulling your knees up to your chest, hugging them. You once again let your eyes flutter shut.

•Kiku's POV•

I looked at the stars on the sky, that just came out. After a while I could feel a pair of eyes watching me, so I turned around, only to meet [y/n]'s brilliant [e/c] eyes, looking at me.

Her cheeks turned pink as she turned her gaze away. My own face heating up.

After a while of silence she sat up, hugging her knees to her chest. She the let her eyes shut again. My gaze moved to the reed that slowly flowed in the wind at the other side of the pond.

Everything went dead quiet again, when suddenly quiet crickets could be heard in the background. I closed my eyes as well and just listened to the crickets song.

A small, cool breeze swept by and as I opened my eyes, they widen in surprise.

"[y/n]-chan....!" I say quietly, trying to gain the girls attention.

"Hm?" She hummed as she opened her eyes slowly. I looked at her to see her reaction.

Her eyes widened and she raised her head from her knees.

"... Wow..." She breathed.

The air was full with small, glowing lights that seemed to float around peacefully and without stress.

Fireflies.

They were quite rare to see, but there they were.

"Aren't they beautifur..?" I asked quietly.

"Th- they are, indeed..." She mumbled, still gazing at the small lights.

She was so beautiful with her mesmerised stare. She looked so peaceful and calm. My chest began to feel warm and fuzzy again.

I don't know why, or how, but somehow I tipped off the edge and decided to tell her. My true feelings.

I took a deep breath, calming myself.

"[y- y/n]..?" I asked.

She looked over to me with a look on her face that made my heart melt.

"Yes?" She answered.

"I...." I began. "I've been meaning t- to terr you this f- f- for quite some time n- now....." I trailed off before continuing. "I.... I- I rove y- you" I stuttered. My face probably red as a tomato.

She just stared blankly at me with a surprised look. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for rejection.

"I..." I heard her voice say. I looked up to see her eyes, still wide, with tears threathening to fall. "I l- love you too Kiku..!" She said as her face broke into a smile.

My eyes widened with surprise and happiness. But before I could say anything she launched herself around my torso, sending us both down into the grass, among the Lily of the valleys. She just hugged me and both hers and the flowers scent filled my lungs, making my heart thump uncontrollably.

We both sat up and looked into each others eyes. Suddenly we both leaned in towards one another, without really knowing why. It just felt right.

When her lips brushed against mine I blushed a million shades of red as I met her lips and kissed her for real. My arms placed themselves; my left arm around her waist and my right on her cheek, bringing her closer to me. I wasn't feeling uncomfortable with the closeness at all. Her arms were around my neck as she kissed back passionately.

When we pulled apart to catch our breath, she giggled happily and hugged me. I hugged back.

"I rove you" She said, using my accent. I blushed once again but smiled.

"Aishiteru [y/n]"