Chap 4 -United We Will Stand

After the penny began to drop around the room -as I expected- the room erupted with everyone trying to voice their thoughts and concerns all at once.

“SILENCE!” I yelled out over my frantic family. As the room drew quiet again, I took a deep breath before I continued “Now I know what you all must be thinking. This is why I have brought you all here, I am not going to make this decision without hearing your thoughts first” Stopping to raise my hand as the noise slowly began to rise again “I will listen to you all, even if we are still here this time tomorrow. This will all go smoothly if we all take it in turns to discuss this, to weigh the pros and cons of our situation. Now, who wants to go first?”

I watched as nearly every arm in the room rose. Suppressing a sigh, I walked to the side of the platform and grabbed three chairs, knowing that we may very well still be here tomorrow “Need anything else before we get this started?” Mason questioned

“Yeah loads of coffee”

“Already sorted” He told me just as a few of the young boys came through the doors, carrying a large amount of coffee, cups, and all the other utensils you would need for a large amount of tea and coffee.

Once they were finished setting it all up and had left the room, I looked back over the room and sat in my chair while maintaining eye contact with my people “Right, let us begin” I told them as I nodded to Jess and Mason to begin making their way through the crowd to begin picking people to talk.

Taking another sip from what I think is my fifth cup of coffee for the night, I continued to listen “But they can’t just come back here and take what is no-longer theirs! They forfeited this land when they left, this is our home now. They can’t do this!” Finished yet another desperate pack member who didn’t want to leave their home.

“This maybe our home now, but there is nothing stopping them from trying to take it back; You all know how things work when it comes to territories the only thing to stand in their way will be us and maybe our allied packs surrounding us, but that’s it. As it is, we don’t even know if they are planning to come back here, they could be happy to find a new territory. Until then we need to stop trying to go through what is not fair and decide on a plan of action NOW, whilst we still have the head start!” I stressed “Now who has an actual plan?”

I watched as the whole room fell silent and the feeling of defeat began to creep throughout as though it was a thick fog consuming them all. Feeling a fire within me slowly build, I knew it was my wolf’s anger at the fact that her pack was so quick to be consumed by defeat. I could feel her need to lead her pack, to remind them that a pack that is weak is a pack that will fall and she will not stand for that. Closing my eyes with a sigh I reached into my soul and told her to tell them as she has told me. As I did, I could feel our bond as person and animal grow to a whole new level, the closer she came to the surface, the more we became one. We were no-longer two souls sharing one vessel. I could feel the change throughout my body. I could feel the perfect harmony between us as we became what we were once created to be; the way our ancestors used to be, the way they were created. We became I and I was a true were wolf.

Over the generations; it was said that we had lost touch with our true selves and our souls had separated to the extent that it was now thought to be natural for you and your wolf to be two beings instead of one. I had just found my true existence and I have never felt more at peace with my wolf than I do now, because it’s no-longer her and I; it’s just me.