"I've got to go" you tell her rushing out the door, when you get in the car it's freezing you feel yourself shiver, you start up the car and heat then surrounds you, for some reason you preferred it when it was cold because at least then you felt something real and for just a second you didn't feel so numb.

-

You walk down the school corridor bumping into people as you go, some of them look at you with sad eyes, you know they're probably thinking 'she was friends with the dead girl, she was friends with Alison Argent' you look down desperate to avoid all their harsh gazes.

"(Y/N) wait up" you hear someone call behind you, and straight away you know it's Stiles, you'd know his voice anyway it used to be one of your favourite sounds after all, you then rush into the bathroom wanting so badly to be alone. Water bursts out of the tap and you splash water on your face forgetting about the makeup covering your face, your mascara runs and your lipstick smudges.

"(Y/N)" someone says, you look in the reflection of the mirror and see the one and only Lydia Martin, she has a surprised expression on her face like she wasn't expecting you to be here, you can't blame her you haven't spoken a word to anyone other than your mother and the occasional text to Stiles for the past week.

"Lydia hi" you say barely being able to look her in the eyes. Once upon a time Lydia was the one you would go to for everything she had all the answers, or at least you thought she did that was until that night.

-

"(Y/N)" Lydia calls rushing over to where your kneeling over Alison's lifeless body, she kneel's down beside you tears streaming down her face, "We have to go" Lydia shouts her voice barely making it to your ears through the thunderous rain.

You shake your head unwilling to leave her here alone, "I can't" you whisper knowing Lydia can't hear you, she shakes your arm trying to get you moving.

"(Y/N) the Sheriff is on his way we can't be here once he arrives" Lydia tells you a hint of desperation in her voice, you give in and let her drag you off the ground, you look down at her bloodied body her eyes still open staring at you like they're trying to steal your soul and you'd gladly let them if that meant your best friend being alive and not lying on the cold hard ground with no heart beating in her chest.

Lydia leads you to her car, once your inside you let yourself go tears falling down your face in a rushed sequence. You look at her then with big eyes, crazy hair and a sad expression, you look at her straight in the eye, "why her, why did she have to die?" You ask her, you feel her waver under your gaze she looked so lost her heart breaking very much like your own.

"I don't know, I wish I did" she tells you avoiding your eyes as she starts up the car, "We're supposed to meet the rest of the pack at Scott's house" she says navigating her way through the rain.

"I can't" you say not wanting to see or talk to anyone just wanting to be alone just for awhile, you think of Stiles and the smile he'll give you, the one he always does when something bad happens like when he gets caught snooping by the Sheriff or when he gets hurt during a Lacrosse game, no this isn't like that this is very different, your best friend, your sister your other half is dead, she's gone and she's never coming back.

-

"Are you okay?" Lydia asks cautiously walking over to you, you nod not wanting to talk. she brushes your hair out of your face and turns your head to face her, "Well you don't look okay" she says pulling some tissues out of her bag, she wets the tissue and starts to wipe your makeup off, she smiles at you not out of sadness or pity but out of relief that she won't have to do this alone.