Chosen Tranquility

A Tuesday afternoon. Cherry blossom season. Japan.

 Just about a few miles from the content village, vibrant pink petals gently swayed within the tender breeze off by a few mountains. Each petal was connected to dark branches that reached out, casting a dim shadow onto each blade of healthy grass. The cherry blossom tree was tall and strong, almost like if it were guarding the god's shrine from beneath its arms with its darkening shadows. Ignoring the faint shadows, everything else was brightened by the luminous sun that hung up in the azure skies. No clouds were in the sky that day, and which that meant no signs of that dreadful rain to pour again just like the past few days. Those lonely days had passed and now everyone seemed to be in a cheerful mood. Towns folk, animals, and even the respected gods were even happy.

 Right beneath the protective cherry tree, a god's back was pressed up against the rough bark of it. His lengthy coal-black hair was down to the back of his neck. Small strands of mere red were highlighted in his hair in various places, causing a soft glow to gleam within his hair. His eyes were too a stunning scarlet color with his ebony pupils pressed in the centers. He had a well toned face with a clean, pale complexion for skin all over. His features showed the age of twenty, but in reality he was actually over hundred- considering he was an immortal god. His name was Hono. Hono, the god of the raging flames that hurl over the faces of enemies that he contained a deep repugnance for. The god of blaze.

 Silently, Hono's blank eyes gazed off into the distance that was mostly filled with towering mountains. Everything outside of his grueling thoughts was perfect with the environment. It was almost like a dream land filled with every spec of what someone would ever want in this peaceful day. It was a calming sight indeed, but something was storming over Hono's thoughts. That something was driving him into aggravation, making his hands curl into tight fists. That something was his well known by humanity, Nabi. Nabi, the god of grasping crystal water that rose like waves above his foes. The god of water base.

 Once a week, Hono and Nabi always agreed to meet up in the same location to fight against each other to earn results of who's stronger and who's weaker. Every time they fought, it was always a mystery on who the winner would be. The two gods were extremely competitive against each other when they had their raging brawls. Sometimes it got a point on where they had the desire of wanting to rip each others guts out with their bare hands, watching the others face suffer with agony. Fortunately and unfortunately the two enemies could not kill each other; both knowing that that would reel into an abysmal condition which neither of them wanted. That didn't stop them from fighting though.

 Today was the day of this week for Hono to compete against his familiar opponent, Nabi. Hono was only stressed out about the fight this time was because he had to withdraw from the perfect scenery that hugged around his shrine. For the last couple of days it had been raining, making a terrible picture for his eyes to lay on the torn area. In the present though, everything was actually absolutely beautiful!  Sadly, now he had to leave it behind to go see the dreadful face of his enemy. What a shame it was for him.

 What a sickening shame.

_____________________

Two hours later.

 A derelict Dojo stood sturdy in the depths of a nearby forest that bordered the south's side of the village. The abandoned area in which the Dojo stood was a clearing of trees hugging around the edges along with various types of flower bushes. Rays of sunlight cast down through the seams between the roofing leaves that covered the terrains layout. The scenery seemed to be beautiful at this time with the vibrant greens, newborn baby animals, blossoming flowers, and yet the lonesome dojo that stood strong out in the middle of nowhere.

The forest wasn't very known to many of the village folk sense no one had the very need to go explore. No human being seemed to care to wander off into the dim forest except for the rebellious teenagers who snickered like snappy hyena's, cackling at immature topics. They told "spooky" stories about the gods just to get a thrill out of each others entertainment purposes. Those stories usually fell in the category's of murderous deeds the gods pinned down onto the innocent at twilight, which was obvious not true. Not a single god nearby would even care to lay a finger on a human by any means since there was absolutely no use to it.

 Although the most common of all "haunted" humors was the story about Hono and Nabi. Legend has it, the two competitive individuals would roam out together towards the village every Wednesday around a gloom twilight. People have said that the two sweep innocent people off of their feet and cast them off to the winners shrine of their last competition, murdering the stolen brutally with their own bare hands. Others have said that the two slurp up people's blood like vampires before making them disappear off the face of the earth, which could explain why the number of the population is decreasing. Despite the two gods daily visit the village, idiotic still fear that the humors could possibly be true from their apparent sightings they've seen. 

 Meanwhile, Hono walked up to the Dojo which seemed strangely quiet. Normally, Nabi would already be there with his obnoxious rambling about random things that were wrong in his life. Gladly though, today there was not a single sound of Nabi's complaints, but just the faint sound of chirping birds off in the distance combined with the tender sound of wind chimes tinkling in the breeze.

 Hono's figure stood still in front of the entrance, absorbing the calming atmosphere that revolved around his surroundings. His eyelids drooped over his red hues, a smile tugging at the corners of his plump lips, and his clenched fists letting go into a gentle touch raising at his finger tips. Softly the gods chest rose while inhaling, and then proceeding to fall back in while letting the air escape from his parted mouth. How relaxing it was to stand in front of an establishment where he and his enemy agreed to brawl in. This time though, the dreadful peasant was not even here, which made it even more enjoyable.

 Slowly Hono's eyes fluttered back open to reveal the charming environment he thought he would come across, but he was wrong. His customarily narrowed eyes widened and his breathing hitched sharply at the unexpected. A pure white katana was only inches away from slitting into his throat deeply with one quick gesture.

 "Well look who it is, Hono the homo," Nabi's voice sneered while he stood behind Hono. His right hand was grasping the ivory handle to the threatening katana. He gently placed his left feminine-like hand on his enemies shoulder, squeezing it slightly with his lanky fingers; earning a slight rise from the male. After all, being a pesky tease he was made the reaction even more entertaining. 

 Nabi's crystal blue eyes that almost resembled luminous orbs stared up at the others face, alas being the short one out of the dual. He too had the structure of a male in his early 20's with his nicely built facial features that were in an abnormal way, beautiful and adorable. Thick eyelashes that blinked down every once in a while complimented his smooth, pale, pigmentation skin all over. Inky strands of loose hair fell down in front of his striking eyes, sharing the exact same as Hono's hair but instead of random scarlet highlights laced in his black hair, Nabi's had azure. It seemed strange that the two shared many of the same features, but that didn't bring them to an end of their passionate hatred for each other.

 A clenching growl emitted through Hono's tight lips as he stayed still as possible from the lack of room. He was not just willing to make a chance and accidentally get killed ever so easily! "Nabi... The hell? Where were you hiding at and why weren't you just sitting in the Dojo like we always agreed on!?" Hono exclaimed loudly, ordering for an immediate response.

 Silence strung throughout the Dojo's area before faint laughter released out from Nabi.