ch 1

How did everything go so wrong, so quickly?

Pewdie felt something he hadn't felt in years.

He felt that his life was out of control, out of his reach, out of the realm of expectation. Everything he had come accustomed to was swiped from under his feet, and now he was dazed from the harsh fall.

And that all started just this afternoon.

He had been editing footage all morning, trapped in the his little corner of Marzia's kitchen, as per routine. He would record at night, edit in the morning, upload during noon, same old same old. During his editing process, it wouldn't be uncommon to see Marzia stroll in and chat him up. Understandable, considering the reclusive nature of Pewdie's job.

What was unusual, however, was that Marzia hadn't dropped by once. Pewdie had realized the nature of her absence far too late.

With editing finally done, and the videos now rendering, Pewdiepie got off his seat to stretch his limbs, receiving a few pops for doing so. Seeing as how he was too occupied to fill his tummy with food beforehand, his stomach roared, begging for it's daily nutrition. Pewds, ever the so obedient slave to his stomach, made a beeline to the other kitchen that Marzia had. He was hoping for some leftovers, a snack, or rather just anything that could be achieved in under five minutes.

What he saw in the kitchen was neither of these.

Instead, he saw Marzia and her parents sitting at the table. Normally, he wouldn't mind this, he would even greet them whilst on his quest for food. However, the nature of their presence was tight, tense, unnatural. He saw Marzia herself in a state of disbelief, as her hands covered her face. Her parents, leaned towards Marzia and talking to her in hushed Italian sequences. One of which he barely caught.

“This is for the best.”

As soon as Pewdie entered, the atmosphere between the Bisognin family broke, as all of their eyes turned to him. Marzia looked terrified, as she let out a desperate “Felix!” upon seeing him. Marzia's parents, meanwhile, stood up to their full height. All of a sudden, Pewdie felt much smaller than they as the grimness of their eyes bore down on him.

“Felix, we need to talk.”

Everything spiraled from there.

Faint recollections could be gathered in Pewdie's head. The incident was so chaotic that he still, after 3 hours from it taking place, found it hard to believe.

Felix was a bad influence.

Felix's job wasn't stable.

Felix doesn't, Felix shouldn't, Felix isn't.

Felix and Marzia shouldn't see each other anymore.

Felix needed to leave.

Oh god, just the exact moment of horror when Pewdie saw all of his belongings ready and packed for his departure. A one way flight ticket from Italy to Sweden ready to be used in the coming week. It was too much to bear, then and now.

So much so even, that Felix flew into a rage. Quickly defending himself and his love for Marzia, he said some words that he now regretted.

Everything became so heated so instantaneously. Insults flew from the two parties as their vocal levels increased dramatically. Push came to shove, and Felix was kicked out in an instant.

The only thing that was burned into Pewdie's mind was Marzia's expression as he was hastily ushered out the front door. Her tears creating tracks of mascara on her heart shaped face as she let out heart breaking sobs of “Stop!”, “No!” , and “Please!”