2

The first thing Naruto became conscious of was another presence besides his and Kurama's. It felt so familiar. He opened his eyes and there before him was... himself. His other self opened their eyes and stared back in shock.
         "Who are you?" His younger self asked. "You look just like me!"
         "I am you. I came back from the future to stop some bad people from killing our precious people. We're going to combine and become one so that we can save our family and friends." Naruto told his younger self.
         "We have precious people!?! Family and friends!?! Alright! I knew it! I knew that I didn't have to be all alone! Who is it? Who are our precious people?" Young Naruto excitedly asked.
         Naruto smiled at himself. "Well, when we combine you'll know everything I do."
         "Alright let's do this!" Young Naruto exclaimed.
         "OK, then just bump fists with me." Naruto said. As the two Naruto's bumped fists, the world seemed to shift and spin. Red, blue, silver, and gold lights exploded everywhere. All of their senses seemed to distort, expanding and contracting. Then... it was over.
         When Naruto next opened his eyes it was morning.  
         'Ugh...what did I do last night?' Naruto thought to himself in confusion. His eyes suddenly popped open as all of his memories came crashing back. "Oh, yeah.......... Holy toads, it worked!" He exclaimed.
         Naruto jumped out of bed and proceeded to trip over the abundant mess scattered all over his floor. He sat up, looked around, and thought to himself, 'I forgot what a slob I used to be. Heh, I guess the first order of business today is to clean up the house.' With that thought, he proceeded to make a dozen shadow clones and directed them on what he wanted each of them to do. While his clones cleaned, Naruto took a shower and got ready for the day.
         "Hmmm... I really like orange, but I guess I should maybe cut back a little bit." Mumbled Naruto to himself. "Sigh. I don't really have very many options. The clothes I have mostly don't fit. It seems I'm going to have to go buy new clothes. It's a good thing I know the henge jutsu. That will help insure I'm not over charged at the shops." With this thought in mind Naruto threw on a pair of black shorts and his favorite orange T-shirt. As he was finishing getting dressed, he began to receive his clones memory's as they finished their tasks and dispelled.
         'Time for breakfast,' he thought to himself as he went to the kitchen. 'Errr... Oh yeah, all I've got is old bread and ramen. Well, ramen it is, but I really need to start eating better. Heh, that henge jutsu will be a real life saver.'
         After breakfast, Naruto decided that it would be best to sit down and make a plan. 'OK what are my resources. Let's see, this crappy apartment.... Hmmm... Maybe I should just move myself into my family estate? If I do I'll have access to the Namikaze Uzumaki family vault, my parents libraries, a more comfortable living space, gardens, personal training grounds, and privacy to train. All hidden behind a massive genjutsu and my parents blood seals that only I can open. The down side... Is there a down side? Hmmm .... I'll have to keep a shadow clone in this apartment, change it out regularly, watch out for the ANBU, and be very careful no one ever follows me home.' He thought to himself.
        "Yosh, time to move." Naruto said to himself. Naruto looked around his apartment and realized that there really wasn't much he wanted to take with him. A few personal items, a few outfits, but nothing else. He would have to get some scrolls to seal his stuff in. He didn't want anyone to see him moving his stuff out. He didn't need anyone getting suspicious and wondering what he was up to.

.........Home ( Namikaze Uzumaki Estate )

         "Holy shinigami's nose hair! I knew that there were ANBU watching over me as a child, but I never realized just how many!" Naruto exclaimed in shock. He had just gotten to his family estate after an impromptu and wild game of hide and seek with the ANBU. It had taken what felt like forever to get far enough away to henge into someone else. And nerves of steel to calmly walk away while the ANBU searched all around him and not giving himself away when a guy in a wolf mask that was so obviously Kakashi sensei asked him if he'd seen a little blond haired boy in an orange shirt and black shorts. He felt in great need of a place to sit down and just breath.
         Naruto turned to the gate, bit his thumb, and wiped his blood across the seal. The gate swung open a couple of inches and Naruto let himself in. It looked pretty good. Certainly not as bad as the first time he saw it in the future. Errr... Past? Whatever, he shut the gate and continued on his way.
         Everything was over grown and unkept, but not unmanageable. It would take time to put everything in order, but shadow clones would speed up the process a lot. Naruto decided to get started on it now and created one hundred clones.
         "OK, I want you all to work on getting the outside in tip top shape. When you are done outside, work on cleaning up the main floor inside. When the main floor inside is done, I want you to dispel in groups of ten. Got it? Good, now get to work!"
         As Naruto looked around at his family compound he wistfully thought about how nice it would be with a family. The main house was two stories above ground and three stories below, although if someone didn't show you the bottom two it was unlikely you would ever find them. In truth, he found them pretty much by accident when he stumbled across some mostly hidden seals. He found out a lot of secrets about the estate that way. Even then, some were blood seals and others took at least a level one seal master to unravel. He knew there were more hidden secrets, although he wasn't sure how many.    
         The top floor had six bedrooms and three bathrooms, a large library that started on the first floor, and his dad's personal study. The main floor had a kitchen, a large pantry, dining room, a bathroom, living room, and of course the other half of the library. The basement consisted of a family room, bathroom, and indoor training room. The first sub basement had several storage rooms and a living space that he had always assumed was there in case someone needed to be hidden away, although why was a question only his parents could have answered.
         The last sub basement took over a year to get into. It was a combination blood seal and level one master seal. Once he got it open he could understand why. The whole floor was several vaults of different sizes, but he had only gotten into half of them. Evidently, he came from two small but wealthy clan's, although technically his mother's used to be huge. They didn't all contain money, though. Some contained clan secrets. One was a small library, including a desk, a comfy couch, a small bathroom, and plenty of lighting. Sasuke was the only one that he ever showed that floor to.
         There are also a couple of sheds on the property, as well as two small houses that he assumed were guest houses. There is a large front yard with over grown flower beds, several large trees, one had a weathered swing, and behind the main house runs a small stream across the property. There's also three medium to large training grounds and a large weed infested garden, as well as many trees and wild flowers.
          Naruto sighed then proceeded into the house and up to the second floor where he began to clean the master bedroom with three other clones he created once he entered into the house.

.........After getting the house in order.

         'Oh man that was exhausting' thought Naruto. "Whew! Troublesome" snort, snicker. "Sigh. I miss everyone. Well, time to start making plans on how to keep everyone safe. Heh, without bringing to much attention to myself. Sigh... That might be the hardest part!" Naruto exclaimed.
         "Ok, I've got resources covered. What next?" He pondered. 'Well, I know a lot about the history of what happened, but not all the specifics. I need information..... How to get it? Oh yeah' "snicker, heeheee oh that's a great idea!" 'I'll be a one man spy net work!'

......... Meanwhile with the ANBU

         "Wolf, did you find him?" Weasel called out.
         "Not yet!" Wolf hollered back. 'Dang it. Where could he have gone!' He wondered. It wasn't just anybody who could elude an ANBU team, let alone three!
         "Hey, do you guys think maybe he went home?" Bear questioned.
         "At this point I think we should just check." Said Weasel.
         The four ANBU quickly shunshined(sp?) to Naruto's apartment. There they saw Naruto watching TV quietly on the couch. "Huh... Well now I feel stupid." Whispered Wolf.
         Weasel pressed the com button on his headset "Teams 9 and 17, we have found little angel, I repeat little angel has been found."
         "That has got to have been a fluke, right?" Asked Sparrow.
         "Of course, he's just a five year old kid after all." Bear assured him.