"What's wrong?" I asked, my smile fading from my face.

"We need to talk."

---------

Draco's POV

I just did something that I already regret. Why did I do that? I'm so stupid.

Allie and I had been spending the night together for a few weeks now. I loved falling asleep and waking up with her in my arms. I was spending almost every minute of my time at her house, and her parents were so much kinder than my own. It made me so happy to be over there. I was the happiest I'd ever been in my life.

A few days ago, Allie had reminded me she was going to the Weasley's house for the rest of the summer. I had completely forgotten about that. Soon understanding flooded over me. That night, as I she slept in my arms, I realized that I was putting her in danger just by being with her.

Voldemort was back and he was already in contact with his deatheaters. My dad had regained his brand of the dark mark, and Voldemort had even turned up at my house one night. So I was told anyway, I was at Allie's. My parents could care less that I was over there, she was a pureblood. At least that's what they believed.

If the truth ever came out.....I don't even want to think about what would happen.

But in my heart I knew being with her was the wrong thing to do. If I really loved her, I would have the sense to break it off before she got hurt. No matter how much I would hurt myself in the process.

As I made my decision, I had tears streaming down my face. The only girl in the world who could make me cry. I felt like such an idiot. How could I have gotten so caught up in one person? But I knew the answer to that. She's not just a person. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I wiped my face as I stood up to head over to Allie's. I was not prepared in the least, but I had to do it. My determination was rising as I got closer and closer to her house. The familiar stone entrance didn't affect my resolve at all. I knocked on her wooden door firmly and waited, planning out my next words carefully.

All of this planning went out of the window when she opened up the door. She was smiling her brilliant smile and she looked as beautiful as ever. She was wearing a simple jean and t-shirt combo but it looked so amazing on her. Her curly hair was down lying over her shoulders and cascading down her back. My resolve broke instantly as I saw her.

"What's wrong?" she said, sounding concerned as she recognized the pain in my eyes.

"We need to talk."

"Okay..."

We walked into her house and I sat down on her couch. I was immediately flooded with the scent of freshly baked cookies, now a very familiar scent to me. It made me doubt even more what I was about to do.

"What is it?" she spoke. I could sense a little worry in her voice. She knew me too well; she could tell something was up.

"I don't exactly know how to say it," I said, struggling for words. A huge lump was forming in my throat.

"Just tell me. Its okay, I'll understand. Whatever it is you can tell me," she said softly.

Oh gosh, how am I going to do this? It's just like ripping off a band aid, I told myself, and you've just got to do it. I breathed heavily and looked up into her bright hazel eyes.

"I can't see you anymore."

---------

Allie's POV

What did he just say? Can't see me anymore?

"Huh?"

"I can't see you anymore," he whispered, looking down at his hands like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"You're breaking up with me?" My voice was rising with each word as anger boiled up inside of me. "How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me. Is this because I'm going to stay with the Weasleys?"

"No! It's not like that. I'm sorry, I take it back!" He said, suddenly changing his mind.

"Oh no, you cannot just change your mind like that! If you want to break up with me then grow some balls and do it!" I yelled.

"I don't want to! I have to..."

"Yeah whatever Draco. Get out of my house." He looked up at me with a pained expression.

As he got up to leave, I stomped up to my room. The noise of my steps filled the house, as did my door when I slammed it shut. Tears welled up in my eyes. How dare he make me cry!

I was honestly shocked beyond belief. I never would have thought he would do this. I really thought he cared about me. I guess he had me fooled. I wiped my tears away angrily and laid down on my bed as exhaustion swept over me. It was only 3 in the afternoon but I slept until the next morning.

When I woke up, my anger was completely gone. I wished I was angry though, that would be better than what I was feeling now. I was hurt; my heart was broken into pieces that couldn't be put back together. Tears fell down my face as I packed. I wasn't even paying attention so when I looked down to find my whole suitcase filled up, and everything else done, I was astonished. I didn't even remember doing any of that.

Man, this kid has messed me up, I thought as I took my stuff to the fire place. I stepped in after saying goodbye to my parents, who informed me I was going to some other place. They gave me a piece of paper that had "Number 12 Grimmauld Place" written on it. I didn't understand why they couldn't have just told me that but, I shrugged as I got in and held the floo powder in my free hand. I didn't really care where I was going, as long as it was far from here.

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place!" I yelled and was soon enveloped by green flames.

When I landed, I took in my surroundings. I was standing in a fireplace, inside of a random kitchen that was quite dirty and old looking. A door on the side swung open and I was greeted by a familiar face.

"Ginny!" I called out and ran into her arms. I couldn't help but start sobbing as I felt her warm embrace and remembered all the news I had to fill her in on. I hadn't said out loud once that he had broken up with me, and I didn't know if I could.