Nobody Ever Transfers Schools!

Warning***

This is the first thing I ever wrote. I had no experience writing fanfiction, or any type of fiction, and I kind of jumped in head first. There are plenty of errors that need to be fixed. I just thought you should know that going in! I will get around to editing it eventually. Thanks for reading (:

My day started out normally--repeat: it started normally. I treaded to my favorite class, Potions, with my head down, keeping an eye on my untied shoe laces so I wouldn't fall on my face in front of everyone again. In fact, I frequently embarrassed myself and lately, I had been trying to avoid drawing negative attention towards myself. I looked up once I reached the heavily sun-lit classroom and my spirits instantly lifted as I met the twinkling eyes of my favorite teacher, Professor Monroe. 

"Good morning, Professor!" I said as I released my book bag into my seat. I sat in the same spot in the front of the classroom all by myself every single day. It could be depressing sometimes. 

"Oh Allie dear, I've been waiting for you to get here! You're wanted in the Headmistress's office."  

I furrowed my brows. "Okay," I said nervously, my mind instantly replaying the scene last night where I sneaked into the kitchen to devour a slice of cake.  

I slowly retrieved my book bag, wondering what punishment went along with a missing slice of cake, and walked out of the door, being careful not to trip on my untied shoelaces.  

As I walked to the Headmistress's office, I stared dreamily out the window, hardly registering the fact that the sun was shining since it was always sunny in Texas, at least in May. I did, however, notice my school's sign, noting the tackiness of it, in the sunlight outside 'Lumin's Wizarding School for Girls'. I despised this school. I'd been here three years but I hadn't made one solid friend. Notice I say solid--there was a nice ghost that I spoke with sometimes.  

I found my way to the Headmistress's office and knocked timidly on the big wooden door. I wondered what would lie on the other side. Perhaps a dementor come to fetch my soul for stealing that delicious slice of cake...  

"Yes, come in," I heard from the inside.  

When I walked in, I first noticed Headmistress Lumin standing tall with her chest puffed out in superiority, which was her usual demeanor, but I slowly realized we weren't alone.  

"Allie!" exclaimed my mom and dad together. Dad was wearing his usual long, billowing robes though his messy brown hair was more tamed than usual--it looked as if he had actually run a comb through it this time. Mom was standing with her hands behind her back, smiling broadly. Her long brown hair was in cascading curls down her back, exactly the same as mine.  

"What are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously, eyeing them, though I was relieved that they weren't aurors threatening to take me to Azkaban. They had never showed up to school before unannounced.  

"What? No hello?" my dad asked in mock disappointment. "Actually, we've come to check you out of Lumins. I know it's sudden but you're going to a new school next year, and since the year is practically over I thought we would go ahead and get a jump on the move," my dad explained in an unfitting nonchalant tone, shifting his weight from the balls of his feet to his heels and then back again.

"What? I'm almost in my fourth year. And nobody ever transfers schools! Why are we moving?" I argued, throwing my hands up in anger. I was so confused.  

"Honey, calm down. We'll talk about this later," my mom told me sternly, her brown eyes held a look that said something like not here. She didn't take too kindly to me creating scenes.