Two

I stood near the window and checked my phone again. 1:56. Luke said he would be here at two and I was getting excited to see him. We may have just met yesterday, but I really liked him, he seemed different.

A few more minutes passed and sure enough he came up to the door, knocking on it three times. I smiled widely and opened the door.

"Hi." I greeted casually. I stuffed my thumb into one of the pockets of my jean shorts and leaned against the door.

"Hey there, Delilah." Luke responded, giving me a toothless smile.

I let out a small laugh and started to close the door behind me. Something stopped the door which surprised me and I turned around, seeing my dad. I looked down to see his expensive leather shoe in the doorway, preventing me from closing it.

"Delilah," my dad started, looking to the unfamiliar boy behind me. "Who's this?"

Luke smiled widely and held his hand out towards my dad "Luke Hemmings. And I'm guessing you're Delilah's dad?"

"Mr. Stuart." He responded slowly, taking Luke's hand firmly and shaking it. "You must be the boy Delilah was telling me about yesterday."

I nodded and grabbed Luke's arm. "Yeah dad, this is him. Now can we please go?"

Raising his eyebrows, my dad reluctantly nodded. "Just don't get in trouble, alright?"

"Okay." Luke and I responded at the same time, causing both of us to laugh. My dad slowly closed the door and Luke turned around first, leading us down the path.

"I see you're actually wearing shorts. Learned your lesson yesterday, huh?" He asked nonchalantly, starting the conversation between us.

I rolled my eyes and looked at what he was wearing. He had on a white and dark blue flannel with black skinny jeans which were ripped at the knees. I could only imagine how much he was dying to change his clothes.

"Yeah, but seems like you love to sweat." I signaled to his shirt and pants. Luke shrugged a response and turned to me.

"I like to dress like this."

I looked down and noticed he was holding his skateboard again. I didn't see him riding it on his way here and I began to wonder if he only had it to look cool.

"So where are we going?" I questioned, looking up at the boy who was much taller than me. He had at least a whole foot on me and if I continue to hang around him I'm going to be looking up a lot.

Luke hummed as he thought, then nodded to himself once. He looked down at me happily when he made his choice.

"I can take you to the shops along the boardwalk. Maybe we can get lunch."

Pointing to his skateboard, I spoke again. "Are we going to walk?"

He shrugged his broad shoulders. "Do you want to?" He lifted his skateboard up so it was more level to my face.

"Can you actually ride it?" I asked him. I was hoping he would say yes, and that he wasn't just trying to look cool.

"Yeah," Luke replied with a nod. "I just only do when I feel like it."

I stopped walking and turned to him hopefully. "Do you feel like riding it now?"

He bit his lip, causing his lip ring to move along with it. I didn't notice it yesterday, guess I should have payed more attention.